English Youth Ballet Newsletters

JulieW

I think that EYB wants to send out a message to anyone who is considering auditioning in the future that withdrawing from a production which has been cast without a compelling reason is completely unacceptable.

• Like 1

concerning the above i am the mother of one of the girls you have been running down,both aurora and emsloves2dance claim to have first hand info about my d.d. who was more than happy to be a swan and looking forward to being a part of the E.Y.B. again after her experience last year and couldn't wait for it to start and felt lucky to be picked again,unfortunately my d.d. got very upset a week into the rehersals due to being bullied by certain girls and the stress brought on migrains and forced her to sit out of rehersals, when approached by miss Lewis she was not being rude simply too ill to speak so I took her home where she was bedridden for a couple of days,after a phone call with miss Lewis to explain the situation I was informed my d.d. had been replaced and was too late to return.we as a family of low means found this a difficult decision but my d.d. health and wellbeing was more important,and yes my d.d. has been to a lot of schools not because she thinks she is better or above the schools but because of persecution from a teacher on this website who's school we left due to mistreatment from herself and her staff who keeps phoning around with slander,lies and threats to close the schools.I find my d.d. a source of inspiration that she still wants to dance after all of this trouble and if does not stop i will will have no but to seek legal advice

Message to all

Let's not start picking the newsletters to pieces. They are available on the the EYB website for anyone to read but of course it's from their side. If those who were directly involved would like to comment, they are of course free to, but let's not make suppositions about what happened.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, of course you are all entitled to your opinion - as are we all on here, but as we've already discussed this a lot on the other thread, let's draw a line under it now.

There is an interesting point being made about dancing with injuries but can someone start another thread if they would like to talk about that more and not talk about this dancer in particular (dancers are frequently dancing with minor injuries and as long as they've taken sensible advice and they are unlikely to do further damage there's no real reason to stay of dance completely - any further comments please start another thread)

Thanks everyone :)

Really do think this post should have been heeded. Lets draw a line under it now.
  • Like 4

Hello talent12,

You clearly feel strongly about what has happened, but if you have an issue with EYB then you need to raise it with the company. If you have an issue with anyone's posts here, for example if you feel that a post contravenes Acceptable Use Policy, then you can either contact the committee or make a report.

Kind regards,

Spanner

• Like 1

This is a public forum, and by posting the newsletters on their website, they also make whatever they write public. Therefore it ought to be remembered by all that while everyone is entitled to their opinion they should consider the feelings of whoever reads it also.

Talent12 this situation must obviously be very difficult for you - I hope that it resolves soon. I have a dance teaching friend who was bullied by her employer so badly that she left and found getting another job very difficult as the employing teacher had alledgedly told other schools in the area 'all about her' and had posted messages online etc.

No other person ever has 100% of the information regarding situations, comments etc yet human nature leads us to pass judgement......

I really don't think this forum is the place for discussion and speculation about people that are so easy to identify the people involved. It makes me feel very uncomfortable to think that something that a child does at a ballet school or in an audition is up for public consumption and gossip in such a public arena. It reminds me why I hate sitting in the lobby of a dance studio.

• Like 2

Absolutely - I only posted the link to the newsletters as I thought some people might find them interesting reading, and how lovely I thought they were generally with news on awards and what past dancers were now doing.

I'm going to close this topic now - I don't think anyone's gaining anything by carrying on the discussion.

• Like 7