Rb events in spring 2025

A paragraph in the latest Friends magazine just received notes "The RB presents a special programme with Osipova ...in the Linbury theatre. March will see [Osipova] in works by...Martha Graham and Frederick Ashton, alongside a world premiere by Jo Stromgren....not to be missed" 

No precise dates are given, and it's not listed in the calendar. 

Also there are some details (but far from comprehensive) re the Dance Reflections festival sponsored by Van Cleef and Arpels. Date is given as "March" but no more specifics.  Performances include

Linbury - Swiss choreographer / director Francois Grimaud, solo performance of a reimagined Giselle

Linbury - Close Up choreography by Noe Soulier (6 dancers)

Paul Hamlyn Hall - Neither Drums nor Trumpets by Pam Tanowitz, for her own company

Clore Studio - Insight 

None of this is currently on the RBO web site. Any further elucidation re actual dates or background would be welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Lynette H said:

A paragraph in the latest Friends magazine just received notes "The RB presents a special programme with Osipova ...in the Linbury theatre. March will see [Osipova] in works by...Martha Graham and Frederick Ashton, alongside a world premiere by Jo Stromgren....not to be missed" 

No precise dates are given, and it's not listed in the calendar. 

Also there are some details (but far from comprehensive) re the Dance Reflections festival sponsored by Van Cleef and Arpels. Date is given as "March" but no more specifics.  Performances include

Linbury - Swiss choreographer / director Francois Grimaud, solo performance of a reimagined Giselle

Linbury - Close Up choreography by Noe Soulier (6 dancers)

Paul Hamlyn Hall - Neither Drums nor Trumpets by Pam Tanowitz, for her own company

Clore Studio - Insight 

None of this is currently on the RBO web site. Any further elucidation re actual dates or background would be welcome. 

I guess this link may provide some clues:

Dance Reflections by Van Cleef & Arpels Festival (rbo.org.uk)

DANCE REFLECTIONS BY VAN CLEEF & ARPELS FESTIVAL

12 MARCH–8 APRIL 2025
LINBURY THEATRE
BALLET AND DANCE

A sparkling celebration of choreographic creation.

It seems that the good news is that N. Osipova will be in sound conditions at that time.

Anyway I wonder if she will be able to perform in R&J and the second run of Onegin.

P.S.. Sorry for my messy post.

Edited by Mora

I emailed the RBO yesterday to ask about the Osipova programme. Very odd to have a news item about something but it's then absent from the listings. If further information will be available at a later date, they should say that. Otherwise they create a market and then lose it, because if you don't know the date/s how can you commit to going?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mora said:

I guess this link may provide some clues:

Dance Reflections by Van Cleef & Arpels Festival (rbo.org.uk)

DANCE REFLECTIONS BY VAN CLEEF & ARPELS FESTIVAL

12 MARCH–8 APRIL 2025
LINBURY THEATRE
BALLET AND DANCE

A sparkling celebration of choreographic creation.

It seems that the good news is that N. Osipova will be in sound conditions at that time.

Anyway I wonder if she will be able to perform in R&J and the second run of Onegin.

P.S.. Sorry for my messy post.

but in true ROH fashion. 

image.png.0908bb2d4cc732d6a079c25daaeee836.png

They probably don't know the details yet but might have put "Information coming soon"  or something similar