Royal Ballet in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Sept-Nov 2024, Jun-Jul 2025

The Royal Ballet begin their 2024-2025 season of performances with Christopher Wheeldon's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland at the Royal Opera House today. The music is by Joby Talbot and will be performed by the Royal Opera House Orchestra, with Koen Kessels conducting all performances in autumn and Martin Georgiev conducting the performances in 2025. The designs are by Bob Crowley and lighting by Natasha Katz. Looking forward to reviews, feedback or photos from members! 

Running times for performances have been announced as approximately 2 hours 50 minutes with 2 intervals. This season souvenir programmes will cost £10 if purchased in person and £8.50 if purchased online in advance. Cast lists for each performance can be found here: 

https://www.rbo.org.uk/about/cast-sheets

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Emeralds,

I was looking in cast sheets friends rehearsals to see who danced last night but it hasn’t been posted. 

Is this another RB change or just an oversight?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RobR said:

Thanks Emeralds,

I was looking in cast sheets friends rehearsals to see who danced last night but it hasn’t been posted. 

Is this another RB change or just an oversight?

As far as I know, there was no Friends’ rehearsal for Alice.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Silke H said:

We have a female Dormouse this time! What fun! Is that a new change for this season? I remember James Wilkie in the role in our TV recording and previously a male Dormouse in those furry slippers in Act 1 😄 in the performances we saw (forgot who, but not Wilkie, IIRC). Great cast! Merde/Toi toi toi/Chookas to all! 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RobR said:

I’d understood that there was a general rehearsal evening but I clearly got it wrong 

There probably was one but, unfortunately, it wasn’t open to Friends.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

We have a female Dormouse this time! What fun! Is that a new change for this season?

No, it’s not a change.  The role has been performed (rather brilliantly, if I say so myself) by Romany Pajdak and Gemma Pitchley-Gale previously.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

No, it’s not a change.  The role has been performed (rather brilliantly, if I say so myself) by Romany Pajdak and Gemma Pitchley Gale previously.

Oh, thank you- they weren't in the casts we had but I had a feeling there may already have been a female Dormouse among the long runs of performances in the past. Would have liked to see Romany Pajdak and Gemma Pitchley-Gale, who were always so expressive in the roles I saw them in!