Victor Caixeta is leaving Dutch National Ballet

Surprised this hasn't got more of a reaction, he seemed to be doing very well there and regularly partnering Smirnova. The international life, sounds glamorous but it must be hard to be a ballet dancer without the easy access to physio, trainers, coaches etc. Perhaps he already has his next move lined up after a year away. 

• Like 2

Victor has mentioned full length commitments in Rome (though he had to pull out of Sleeping Beauty this month due to injury), Corsaire in his home country of Brazil, Giselle in Hong Kong, plus galas.  And those are only the ones I’ve happened across.  I’m sure there will be more.  Perhaps he was finding it hard to juggle all the requests with full-time commitment to Dutch National Ballet.  He’s clearly in high demand. 

I’ve noted before that Olga Smirnova had been announced to guest with Hamburg Ballet and then had to pull out due to clashes with the schedule at Dutch National. (I’ve no idea why these can’t be agreed in advance, and committed to.  It reflects poorly on management at Dutch National, whatever the reason.)

19 hours ago, JaneHartley said:

Surprised this hasn't got more of a reaction, he seemed to be doing very well there and regularly partnering Smirnova. The international life, sounds glamorous but it must be hard to be a ballet dancer without the easy access to physio, trainers, coaches etc. Perhaps he already has his next move lined up after a year away. 

He partnered other principal ballerinas there too … Maia Makhateli and Riho Sakamoto most often.  

The Raymonda I attended of Riho with Victor as Abderahman was truly spectacular.  They were better all around than the other casts of Tsygankova/Potskhishvili and Makhateli/Choi, though they were all very good 👏👏👏.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JaneHartley said:

I have never actually seen Victor dance- unless it was in the corps de ballet. He joined the Mariinsky Ballet in 2017 either right before or right after their last visit here in late July to early August 2017, and he wasn't in any featured roles at the performances I attended (former colleague May Nagahisa - still a student- was given a variation in Paquita which caused some challenges....unfortunately not the best way to make a debut on a foreign stage). Would be interested to see him dance in London, but he sounds busy enough in Italy, Asia and South America!

He should be able to get coaching and physio/masseuse/physical conditioning support outside a company if he's organised- nowadays many of these professionals work freelance on a private one to one basis as well, eg on evenings or weekends when finished with company duties. And some only have a part time contract with a company. There are lots of open classes in various cities he can join.

Sounds like he's only on sabbatical or leave of absence? Some companies even allow such dancers to attend company class if they're in town. even while on sabbatical- depends on each company's setup (space, etc)  

• Like 1