Not sure why my post was deleted?

40 minutes ago, MildConcern said:

I posted in the forum this morning to put my ticket for La Traviata general rehearsal on sale, and I can see it's now been removed without a trace. Why is this?

As Friends themselves are rationed general rehearsal tickets, the 'powers that be' were concerned (and so had a word in our shell-like) that:

a) non-friends were getting these tickets - not much of an incentive to be a Friend if so

b) Friends could exceed their ration - not fair on other Friends

So we were 'discouraged' from allowing the sale of Friends rehearsal tickets. And it's something that's difficult to argue with, to be fair

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

As Friends themselves are rationed general rehearsal tickets, the 'powers that be' were concerned (and so had a word in our shell-like) that:

a) non-friends were getting these tickets - not much of an incentive to be a Friend if so

b) Friends could exceed their ration - not fair on other Friends

So we were 'discouraged' from allowing the sale of Friends rehearsal tickets. And it's something that's difficult to argue with, to be fair

Yes - I see your point but to be fair I don't there is a mass reselling market on this Forum. The rehearsal tickets only ever pop up close to the performance date when plans have changed.

Certainly in my case, I planned to go with a friend who told me today they can't make it anymore. Given you can't return rehearsal tickets, it will now just go unused. Which personally I consider to be a worse outcome.

EDIT: I've checked the website and now also adding that there remain over 100 unsold seats for this rehearsal. So scarcity in this instance isn't an issue. 

Edited by MildConcern

This is a frustrating situation (been there) but were the ROH to stand on its rights, they could prohibit all resale on this Forum under the T&C that we all agreed to when we bought the ticket in the first place

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MildConcern said:

Yes - I see your point but to be fair I don't there is a mass reselling market on this Forum. The rehearsal tickets only ever pop up close to the performance date when plans have changed.

Certainly in my case, I planned to go with a friend who told me today they can't make it anymore. Given you can't return rehearsal tickets, it will now just go unused. Which personally I consider to be a worse outcome.

EDIT: I've checked the website and now also adding that there remain over 100 unsold seats for this rehearsal. So scarcity in this instance isn't an issue. 

That's as all well may be but you can't publicly resell RBO rehearsal tickets on this forum.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to reiterate what Dave said above:  we are not being obstinate for no reason....the RBO management has specifically said that Friends' tickets should not be sold on this forum.  We stick to that request;  as oncnp said they could get difficult about all ticket sales on here but, thankfully, don't.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1