Relevés

Sautés in 1st and 2nd and changements 

Galops with spring points

Temps levés

Runs to arabesque

Autumn leaf improvisation

Stretches

Reverence

Hope that helps! It’ll be interesting to see if there are any major changes to the audition content with the new Artistic Director…

Looking on their website it doesn’t look like rbs do mid associate classes is that right? If the nearest to that is Manchester does anyone know when they run their classes?

On 29/08/2024 at 15:06, Dancing_Mae said:

@lucy14 RBS definetly do mid associate classes. 

Thank you both was wondering if they do them in Leeds- it says the audition can be leeds but looks like Manchester is the nearest for classes?

7 hours ago, Dancing_Mae said:

@lucy14 Yeah they have classes in Leeds. That’s the centre we always apply for. 

Great thank you I’ve just found one mid associate class in leeds the website was confusing me! Another daft question- if my daughter is 10 now, 11 in December will it be mid associates or junior associates for 25/26?

She’s going into year 6 tomorrow, but it says on the audition page to be 11 by the 31/8/24 but she is only 10 until dec. she will be in year 7 sept 25 (thank you for helping I know these are dim questions!)

for the Mids this is what it says 

• Candidates aged 11-13 by 31 August 2025 (currently in school years 6, 7 or 8
  • Demonstrable commitment to the study of classical ballet and a basic technical facility acquired through previous dance training
  • Ability to travel to the nearest Associate centre each Saturday of the academic year that a class is held.

so confused I will email them and let you know 💙 

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Dancing_Mae said:

Sent application off and we are auditioning in Manchester due to audition date, but applying for Leeds centre. Surprised that auditions are so soon in November! Does anyone know when we get results? 

Results for associates come out end of March beginning of April. If you select to audition for full time training aswell then results for the next round, semi finals normally for year 7 intake, will be out a week or two after the audition. 
Good Luck 🩰

3 hours ago, Dancing_Mae said:

Does anyone know if there’s a rule whether you audition in split soles or full soles? 

I don’t think there is. My DD auditioned in split soles. When she started MAs the uniform list said full sole leather but I only ever saw 1-2 who actually wore full sole and I think it didn’t really matter whatever shoes they preferred. Having said that I’m not sure if the panel might have a preference. My DD is probably not a good example. During WL finals she refused to wear a belt and had a low middle part bun. At the time, most had the classic scraped back bun and elastic belt.

Edited by Neverdancedjustamum

On 23/08/2024 at 10:38, MissEmily said:

The audition for MAs is the same as for White Lodge. In 2022, it involved:

Standing facing the front, back and side 

Pliés

Tendus

Battements lents

Relevés

Sautés in 1st and 2nd and changements 

Galops with spring points

Temps levés

Runs to arabesque

Autumn leaf improvisation

Stretches

Reverence

Hope that helps! It’ll be interesting to see if there are any major changes to the audition content with the new Artistic Director…

Is there more than one audition for MA like Whitelodge ? 

Edited by Theatrefan

MA places are also offered from the preliminary round - many people don’t ’tick the box’ to be considered for WL so if that’s the case you would only attend the preliminary audition and then you would find out around Easter time whether you have a MA place or not. 

It’s also definitely possible to get a MA place if you do try for WL but don’t get through to semis but (as mentioned above) it’s fairly unlikely. 

Edited by BalletParent123