Wizzair 'all you can fly' offer, 499 euro per year + 9.99 euro for each flight leg

Yaffa

Wizzair just announced an offer for unlimited international flights for 499 euros a year, with an additional 9.99 euro fee per flight leg. The 499 euro annual subscription rate applies until 15th August 2024 23.59 CEST. After that it increases to 599 euro per year. They're capping this initial offer at 10,000 subscriptions.

Some points from a quick look at the Wizzair site:
a) The price does not include reserved seats, hold luggage or cabin bag - just a small bag of up to 40 X 30 X 20 cms.
b) You can buy the subscriptions now but the booking process begins in September (not sure whether they will add extra time to the subscription to take this into account).
c) You can book up to 3 days before departure; some flights might not be available
d) You can't get refunds on unused flights. If you have more than 3 no shows, they can scrap your subscription.

There are a number of things to check out such as whether domestic flights are included as well as international flights.

There's a 14 day cooling off period if you haven't bought any flights during that time. Afterwards, there is no refund. 

I thought this might be useful for dancers working or studying overseas, though other alternatives may work out cheaper, depending on how many flights can reasonably be made with a dancer's  tight schedule...

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, alison said:

I see wizz air reported a 44 percent drop in profits at the beginning of the month - wonder if there is a connection?

Yes, there definitely is.  I was reading about it yesterday.  

• Thanks 1