Chloe Misseldine promoted to Principal Dancer at American Ballet Theatre!

Posted (edited)

It's been a joyful season for young talent around the world! Following successful debuts as Tatiana in Onegin and Odette-Odile in Swan Lake earlier in the season, 22 year old soloist Chloe Misseldine was promoted to Principal Dancer on stage by Artistic Director Susan Jaffe after her Metropolitan Opera House role debut as Odette-Odile. Congratulations to Chloe!

Misseldine trained at Orlando Ballet School, Florida, and later attended ABT Summer Intensives in Californis and New York. She joined ABT as an apprentice in December 2019, the corps de ballet of ABT in September 2021, and was promoted to Soloist in 2022 (ABT has no First Soloist nor First Artist/Coryphee rank). Misseldine won second prize in YAGP New York competition in 2017, and was a finalist at the Prix de Lausanne competition in 2018. She was also previously a member of ABT Studio Company. Her previous lead roles have included Myrta (ABT spelling) in Giselle and Rosaura in Like Water for Chocolate.

Chloe Misseldine is due to dance in London in late August and early September with State Ballet of Georgia in Swan Lake at the Coliseum, dancing Odette-Odile. Her dates have not been announced yet, at this point in time. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This is such a well deserved promotion.  So very much looking forward to her performances in London courtesy of the phenomenal Nina Ananiashvili - one of the greatest ballerinas certainly during my own dance-going career - and most definitely on an on-going basis in New York both at the Met and at the theatre formally officially known as 'State' - such as it will FOREVER be for me.  Well done, Chloe - as much as for the ever stellar Ms. Jaffe, herself charting out new paths for ABT in a climate not always without challenge.  The likes of her and the ever admirable Ms. Rojo and Ms. Whelan would be a rare and very special breed of world leading balletic leaders at any time.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Emeralds said:

It's been a joyful season for young talent around the world! Following successful debuts as Tatiana in Onegin and Odette-Odile in Swan Lake earlier in the season, 22 year old soloist Chloe Misseldine was promoted to Principal Dancer on stage by Artistic Director Susan Jaffe after her Metropolitan Opera House role debut as Odette-Odile. Congratulations to Chloe!

Misseldine trained at Orlando Ballet School, Florida, and later attended ABT Summer Intensives in Californis and New York. She joined ABT as an apprentice in December 2019, the corps de ballet of ABT in September 2021, and was promoted to Soloist in 2022 (ABT has no First Soloist nor First Artist/Coryphee rank). Misseldine won second prize in YAGP New York competition in 2017, and was a finalist at the Prix de Lausanne competition in 2018. She was also previously a member of ABT Studio Company. Her previous lead roles have included Myrta (ABT spelling) in Giselle and Rosaura in Like Water for Chocolate.

Chloe Misseldine is due to dance in London in late August and early September with State Ballet of Georgia in Swan Lake at the Coliseum, dancing Odette-Odile. Her dates have not been announced yet, at this point in time. 

Please remember to include the source material.

https://www.abt.org/chloe-misseldine-promoted-to-principal-dancer-at-abt/

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BalletcoForum Moderators said:

Please remember to include the source material.

https://www.abt.org/chloe-misseldine-promoted-to-principal-dancer-at-abt/

My apologies! Wasn't sure how to link a Facebook post as it came up as a bit of a mess when I tried.

Source: American Ballet Theatre (ABT) official Facebook page (before it appeared on the official website). It now appears on both. www.abt.org (news items) and ABT social media.

Also of note to members and readers- Dance Links thread Wed 3 July- Feature on Misseldine, by Gia Kourlas, New York Times

Maybe it's time for a consolidated thread for ABT promotions? There could also be one for NYCB promotions as well, or maybe they can sit together. (I find it very difficult to keep track sometimes.)

• Like 1

I think there are quite a few threads on here which would benefit from consolidation once the initial impact has faded.  Perhaps I'll look at it over the summer.  In the meantime, it's always helpful if people use appropriate tags, as it makes it easier to find related threads :)

• Thanks 1