Fight for Boléro millions nears its finale in French court

An interesting article in The Times (behind paywall) about royalties from Ravel's Bolero.

https://www.thetimes.com/world/europe/article/ravel-bolero-millions-rights-copyright-france-zdxdzvczc

"The French composer’s hypnotic 1928 orchestral work will reach another landmark on Friday when a Paris court rules on who owns the rights to lucrative royalties eight years after the composition entered the public domain."

"They argue that Ravel had two ­collaborators, one of them being the choreographer Bronislava Nijinska, the sister of the ballet dancer Vaslav Nijinsky."

"To reach their decision, the judges plunged into the world of 1920s ballet and Ravel’s creation of the Boléro for the Paris Opera at the request of Ida Rubinstein."

I hope I haven't quoted too much from this article to breach copyright. Admin please remove if necessary. I checked to see if this is in today's links but couldn't see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

An interesting article in The Times (behind paywall) about royalties from Ravel's Bolero.

https://www.thetimes.com/world/europe/article/ravel-bolero-millions-rights-copyright-france-zdxdzvczc

"The French composer’s hypnotic 1928 orchestral work will reach another landmark on Friday when a Paris court rules on who owns the rights to lucrative royalties eight years after the composition entered the public domain."

"They argue that Ravel had two ­collaborators, one of them being the choreographer Bronislava Nijinska, the sister of the ballet dancer Vaslav Nijinsky."

"To reach their decision, the judges plunged into the world of 1920s ballet and Ravel’s creation of the Boléro for the Paris Opera at the request of Ida Rubinstein."

I hope I haven't quoted too much from this article to breach copyright. Admin please remove if necessary. I checked to see if this is in today's links but couldn't see it.

It didn't come up on any of my searches and I only tend to publish the Times with a share token.

2 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

It didn't come up on any of my searches and I only tend to publish the Times with a share token.

I posted this earlier under the Ballet Miscellany thread..... Not meant as criticism.... just thought it was interesting

Edited by oncnp

1 minute ago, oncnp said:

I posted this earlier under the Ballet Miscellany thread..... Not meant as criticism.... just thought it was interesting

Well unless someone sends me a share token I won't be publishing it tomorrow either.

I'm sure I would find it interesting if I could read it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Well unless someone sends me a share token I won't be publishing it tomorrow either.

I'm sure I would find it interesting if I could read it!

Since it has caused such upset please delete my post.  It has timed out