All England Regional Finals 2024

Posted (edited)

I know of two who placed first in non split sections and didn’t go through. The south east gave out 88 honours marks in total to solos in sections A, B and C the next lowest amount given out was 127 in the west, the highest number given out was 160 in the Home Counties. 

judging in the south east was far lower than all other regions for junior solos. 

Edited by balletmum1977

On 07/06/2024 at 19:12, balletmum1977 said:

I know of two who placed first in non split sections and didn’t go through. The south east gave out 88 honours marks in total to solos in sections A, B and C the next lowest amount given out was 127 in the west, the highest number given out was 160 in the Home Counties. 

judging in the south east was far lower than all other regions for junior solos. 

This is so inconsistent and unfair. This must be down to low marking adjudicators so despite them having to mark based on the same criteria across all regions it really is the luck of the draw who your region gets given adjudicator-wise. And so those in the South East would not have had such a great experience as those elsewhere. 

I thought the south east regionals were excellent. Extremely well run and the adjudication was very good and spot on although scores appeared to be a little on the low side compared with other regions with less honours marks. I don't agree with comment re. cuteness and a bias towards boys in the south east regionals but can't speak for other regions

• 2 months later...
On 04/06/2024 at 11:55, dance5678 said:

I heard chatter at All England that some teachers have petitioned for the mixed ages to change or stop, due to it being unfair to dancers who are always the youngest. Would be interesting to hear others thoughts.

I hope this happens as my daughter will always be the youngest in the sections.

• Like 2