Boys dance belt

1 hour ago, Dancenewbie said:

My son 12 yrs needs a dance belt.

I’m not sure what I’m looking for?

any advice, sign posting welcome.

thanks 

https://www.planetdance.com/Mens-Boys-Dancewear/-Dance-Belts/

This is a good selection. I would go for the thong type rather than full seat as he will need to get used to them eventually!

As he’s young you don’t need the very quilted ones. 

This one is a narrow elastic which my son prefers:

https://www.planetdance.com/Wear-Moi-Narrow-Elastic-Dance-Belt

You can also get it with a wide elastic:

https://www.planetdance.com/Wear-Moi-Wide-Elastic-Dance-Belt

I personally prefer Wear Moi for all my son’s dancewear. It’s lasted a long time with masses of washing! 

• Thanks 1

Three of us here like the Wear Moi ones, so a good place to start. They're better padded than the quilted ones too which pretty much no one here liked after they started to hit adolescence - whether a 12 year old needs padding or not depends very much on the 12 year old, believe me. Go for a thong at his age - and the Wear Moi beats the capezio for comfort there, with a wider more comfortable thong.

I don't think we've ever had a Bloch dance belt.

Diverso make some nice ones too, and they're a good source for more interesting dance wear too.

My Ds has worn Wear Moi wide elastic dance belts from age 12 to 24 whilst training and dancing professionally. 
I will never forget taking him and his brother to a local dance shop to buy their first one. Their faces were a picture 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks all. Really useful and helpful. This is a whole new world to me. He starts with northern ballet in September so hopefully will become more knowledgable over time 😀

have ordered a wear moi one. So next thing will be how to put it on properly haha

Edited by Dancenewbie
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dancenewbie said:

Thanks all. Really useful and helpful. This is a whole new world to me. He starts with northern ballet in September so hopefully will become more knowledgable over time 😀

have ordered a wear moi one. So next thing will be how to put it on properly haha

My son is just about to graduate from Northern 😄

• Like 1

If he's at NB based in Leeds there's a dance shop in the Central Arcade off Briggate so if he wants to look at things before buying it's worth a stop by.  I've always found the staff very helpful.  I mean some times it's nice to look at things in a shop before buying.  

• Thanks 1

On 31/05/2024 at 23:03, Lifeafterballet said:

My Ds has worn Wear Moi wide elastic dance belts from age 12 to 24 whilst training and dancing professionally. 
I will never forget taking him and his brother to a local dance shop to buy their first one. Their faces were a picture 🤣🤣

And they last Forever, DS has washed and worn hundreds of times, they are amazing. 

1 minute ago, Lifeafterballet said:

100% agree 

There are indestructible 

I have one that’s coming to end of life, but it might be approaching ten years old.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh gosh. My ds is 7 and i'd completely glossed over this. I'll be saving this link to come back to when I need it..in the interim, I'm going to brace myself for the push back in a few years' time

Thanks for all the tips everyone 

3 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

Oh gosh. My ds is 7 and i'd completely glossed over this. I'll be saving this link to come back to when I need it..in the interim, I'm going to brace myself for the push back in a few years' time

Thanks for all the tips everyone 

Do it now! Much easier to get him in the habit when he doesn’t really need it and then it’s not an issue when he does.

Yes, I agree, it's much easier to get him used to it.
Leotards with integrated dance belts are available from wear moi in size 4/6 years
and don't cost too much more

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips. I read the article too. Please may I clarify

"Reach inside the dance belt and pull your scrotum up inside the pouch. Your testicles need to be up and front, above the crotch line and well clear of their usual hanging position. Adjust your penis position to face straight up (‘North')."

Does this mean the penis is pointing up? Just trying to work out exactly how these belts are supposed to be worn..it just sounds very unnatural 😳

59 minutes ago, HopelessMummy said:

Thanks for all the tips. I read the article too. Please may I clarify

"Reach inside the dance belt and pull your scrotum up inside the pouch. Your testicles need to be up and front, above the crotch line and well clear of their usual hanging position. Adjust your penis position to face straight up (‘North')."

Does this mean the penis is pointing up? Just trying to work out exactly how these belts are supposed to be worn..it just sounds very unnatural 😳

Pretty much, if you look at some of the videos of the Russian men you'll see the position quite clearly, I'm afraid. 

• 2 weeks later...