23 hours ago, MayKwok said:

Just saw on Lauren Cuthbertson's instagram that she will be dancing Queen of Hearts in Alice.

She did not share which dates.

She has now on her IG stories (@londonballerina). 'Can" t link because it's a story but will be there for another ~ 22 hours

Edited by oncnp
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oncnp said:

She has now on her IG stories (@londonballerina). 'Can" t link because it's a story but will be there for another ~ 22 hours

announced dates are:

Sat 28/09 7:00pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Thu 03/10 7:30pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Sat 05/10 1:00pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

Tue 08/10 7:30pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Tue 15/10 7:30pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Fri 18/10 7:30pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

Fri 25/10 7:30pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

Thu 31/10 7:30pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Silke H said:

announced dates are:

Sat 28/09 7:00pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Thu 03/10 7:30pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Sat 05/10 1:00pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

Tue 08/10 7:30pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Tue 15/10 7:30pm (Hayward, Bracewell)

Fri 18/10 7:30pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

Fri 25/10 7:30pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

Thu 31/10 7:30pm (Newton Severgnini, Corrales)

I'm wondering if Mayara Magri will dance the remaining dates....

37 minutes ago, Rob S said:

That's half the first phase of Alice isn't it?

yep, which is why I am wondering if the remaining performances will be danced by a single Queen.  That said, Lauren Cuthbertson is dancing with two Alice/Jack pairings which leave 3 more, so room for third Queen?

Edited by San Perregrino

I think this is the first time I've seen "doubling up" for this ballet - ie dancers taking on different lead roles in the same run, namely Richardson dancing both Mad Hatter and Jack, and Sissens dancing both White Rabbit and Mad Hatter.

When Steven McRae switched from the role of Mad Hatter (created on him) to Jack, he no longer danced Mad Hatter,  and I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't book to see him as MH and as Jack in the same run. Glad he is back reprising MH! 

• Like 1

On 12/09/2024 at 22:24, MJW said:

James Hay has confirmed on IG he will be performing, which is clearly good news. I have asked whether he can confirm dates and will see if he responds.

This is from RBO's website - James' scheduled performances:

Saturday 28th Sept 7pm

Thursday 3rd Oct 7:30pm

Saturday 5th Oct 1pm

Tuesday 8th Oct 7:30pm

Tuesday 15th Oct 7:30pm

Friday 18th Oct 7:30pm

Friday 25th Oct 7:30pm

Thursday 31st Oct 7:30pm

I was already booked for the 5th, so that worked out quite well 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Emeralds said:

When Steven McRae switched from the role of Mad Hatter (created on him) to Jack, he no longer danced Mad Hatter,  and I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't book to see him as MH and as Jack in the same run. Glad he is back reprising MH!

There’s always the possibility he will dance Jack in the summer 25 block.

45 minutes ago, alison said:

Blimey.  How many performances are there - or is there a shortage of White Rabbits?

Hopefully its not to make up for a dearth of roles later in the season 🤞

• Like 2

I hope the doubling up of male roles with the tapping Mad Hatter won’t cause physical problems.  

Shale Wagman doubled up as White Rabbit and Mad Hatter whilst performing in Alice in Munich and his subsequent injury time out may have been attributed to that.  On his return he performed White Rabbit ‘only’ to much success … neurotic and jittery. … as could be seen in the livestream a year ago. 

• Like 1

I don't do tap to advanced level but was indeed wondering if it is potentially an injury risk if you have to switch from an all tap role one night to a role with a lot of classical dancing the next or soon after.

I would have thought classical ballet role before tap role is less risky than the other way round, unless they have at least a week to get used to classical dancing in a full length ballet. Conversely, White Rabbit to Jack would have been easier as both are classical technique, I would have thought. 

Would be interested to hear what advanced classical ballet and tap dancers among us have found. 

Edited by Emeralds

7 hours ago, San Perregrino said:

There’s always the possibility he will dance Jack in the summer 25 block.

I assume he’ll dance Jack in the summer run with Anna-Rose O’Sullivan who has said on Instagram that she’ll reprise the role of Alice then.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, alison said:

Blimey.  How many performances are there - or is there a shortage of White Rabbits?

James Hay and Lauren Cuthbertson seem to be White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts together- same dates. A great team!

There are lots of performances though.  I agree we could do with a few more White Rabbit/Lewis Carrolls. I thought Valentino Zucchetti, Ryoichi Hirano or Nicol Edmonds would have been good in the role too. Plus I also thought there would be more Queen of Hearts/Mothers. 

• Like 2

On 16/09/2024 at 05:04, Emeralds said:

James Hay and Lauren Cuthbertson seem to be White Rabbit and Queen of Hearts together- same dates. A great team!

There are lots of performances though.  I agree we could do with a few more White Rabbit/Lewis Carrolls. I thought Valentino Zucchetti, Ryoichi Hirano or Nicol Edmonds would have been good in the role too. Plus I also thought there would be more Queen of Hearts/Mothers. 

Hoping for Marco Masciari as White Rabbit in the second run.

• Like 4