RB SEASON 24/25 Announced

4 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

I wonder if the RBO has decided on a shift to a strategy of building in potential discounts rather pricing tickets where they think they'll sell. In fairness to them, this would appear to be in line with many West End shows. However it seriously lessens the biggest material benefit of being a Friend: that is, early booking. When you have reasonable confidence that the ticket prices for the performances you're interested in won't budge, then it is sensible to book well in advance. When that confidence collapses, many Friends might wonder what they're getting out of it.

I have actually cancelled my membership for this very reason (the fact they didn't do casting before the booking opening last season didn't help). I would think at the very least, they could email all Friends with the discount codes to make sure they got them (even if they are being advertised on Instagram). However, I suspect they want to limit the cancellation and rebooking of your own seats at a discount (which I have done). I did notice that last season they did not email me (I had booked tickets to a performance that was then discounted) but they did email my partner (he had obviously not booked the tickets) which made me think that they deliberately avoided sending it to those who had tickets. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That stands to reason.  Unfortunately, it doesn't take into account those who have booked perhaps a cheap ticket but have been priced out of booking multiple performances/more expensive tickets, and would love to have the opportunity.