RB SEASON 24/25 Announced

On 05/08/2024 at 15:45, Richard LH said:

Don't you like Kevin @FionaM??😂

I just reread and saw @FionaM's typo (I suspect autocorrect issue?) That is so funny!  The worrying thing is, I didn't notice at all and even when trying to work out what was going on, it took me some time to see the funny mistake! I'd never have noticed  at all and when @Richard LH joked about FionaM 'not liking' KOH, I had no idea what he meant! 😳

• Like 3

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Silke H said:

Wasn’t that pretty much a given anyway?

I wasn’t aware of Joseph Sissens having tap amongst his skill set before now 

Steven McRae has publicly announced he will dance the Mad Hatter but I’m not aware of any other confirmed castings yet.

Edited by San Perregrino
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, San Perregrino said:

If I remember correctly, there's a ROH YouTube video somewhere of him and Calvin rehearsing the Mad Hatter in the last run, I think. I didn't go then, so not sure if he's performed the role before or not. I certainly hope he does, although I am only booked for 1 Alice show so not sure if I will have a chance to see him!

Edited by art_enthusiast
  • Like 2

Just wondering if anyone has seen any MaddAddam discount codes, or if anyone knows whether there might be some for Encounters... I've held off booking for these two as I'm not overly enthusiastic about dystopian realism or modern stuff at the moment! I assume they're not too sold out as of yet

47 minutes ago, San Perregrino said:

Steven McRae has publicly announced he will dance the Mad Hatter but I’m not aware of any other confirmed castings yet.

When Alex Campbell was at BRB he was cast in the lead in Slaughter and James Barton had to teach him to tap!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, art_enthusiast said:

If I remember correctly, there's a ROH YouTube video somewhere of him and Calvin rehearsing the Mad Hatter in the last run, I think. I didn't go then, so not sure if he's performed the role before or not. I certainly hope he does, although I am only booked for 1 Alice show so not sure if I will have a chance to see him!

yes both Joe Sissens and Calvin Richardson performed the tapping Mad Hatter in a previous run.  And I remember that rehearsal video well, although I cannot find it on YouTube.  

Edited by FionaM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, art_enthusiast said:

Just wondering if anyone has seen any MaddAddam discount codes, or if anyone knows whether there might be some for Encounters... I've held off booking for these two as I'm not overly enthusiastic about dystopian realism or modern stuff at the moment! I assume they're not too sold out as of yet

The holidays aren’t behind us and the season hasn’t started yet so discount codes are highly unlikely at this stage.
I am getting targeted on social media for both of these evenings with the banner ‘Only 8 performances’ or similar. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, San Perregrino said:

I am getting targeted on social media for both of these evenings with the banner ‘Only 8 performances’ or similar. 

Yep, I've seen a few Instagram ads for both. Not really in the mood to book for either though... and I've got Akram Khan's Giselle and BRB's La Fille mal gardée to look forward to!

On 14/08/2024 at 16:44, San Perregrino said:

The holidays aren’t behind us and the season hasn’t started yet 

I note from Christopher Saunders and RB dancers on Instagram that they are back in the ROH from earlier this week.  

It’s 7 weeks until the first performance of the 24/25 season  .. Alice on 28 September.  

15 hours ago, FionaM said:

I not from Christopher Saunders and many dancer’s in Agra m that they, have started back from Monday this week.  

So it’s 7 weeks until the first performance of the 24/25 season  .. Alice on 28 September.  

By ‘us’ I wasn’t referring to the staff of the RBO but rather the general ticket booking public most of whom are enjoying summer holidays and not yet deciding what culture to see in the Autumn. 
Of course, the faithful including myself, will have bought tickets to specific performances but I expect, as is generally the case, ticket sales will remain sluggish until closer to performance dates. Perhaps even after opening night for Maddaddam and Encounters.

19 hours ago, FionaM said:

I not from Christopher Saunders and many dancer’s in Agra m that they, have started back from Monday this week.  

So it’s 7 weeks until the first performance of the 24/25 season  .. Alice on 28 September.  

Urgh my typos … I didn’t bother to check 🙈

I decided to book Alice instead of Cinderella as I can't justify the cost for both, especially at these prices.  Plus I want to book multiple Onegins and R&Js.  I was initially a little disappointed as most people said I should have gone for Cinderella, but after watching the Alice Insights I'm looking forward to this way more now, mainly for the mad hatter.  Would love to see either Richardson or Sissens.  

Does anyone know when the Onegin casting is likely to be announced?

Edited by solotheatregoer

9 minutes ago, solotheatregoer said:

I decided to book Alice instead of Cinderella as I can't justify the cost for both, especially at these prices.  Plus I want to book multiple OneGins and R&Js.  I was initially a little disappointed as most people said I should have gone for Cinderella, but after watching the Alice Insights I'm looking forward to this way more now, mainly for the mad hatter.  Would love to see either Richardson or Sissens.  

Does anyone know when the OneGin casting is likely to be announced?

Winter booking, including Onegin, opens 17 September.  I usually get casting through the Friend's Newsletter (Patrons may already have it) and the next one should be 23 August so perhaps then. 

Edited by oncnp
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, San Perregrino said:

RBO website now lists a Friends Rehearsal for Maddaddam on November 13th at 7pm. Tickets not yet onsale.

Nothing yet for Alice…

I believe it has already been reported that there will be no Friend's rehearsal for Alice but can't find it at the moment

5 minutes ago, oncnp said:

I believe it has already been reported that there will be no Friend's rehearsal for Alice but can't find it at the moment

It was but it was also said that there woulda’t be one for Maddaddam but that has now changed. 

Edited by San Perregrino
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Richard LH said:

RBO have been offering limited time offers of heavy discounts (25/30%) for some dates of the higher priced seats for Marriage of Figaro and La Traviata. I wonder if the same will apply to the new ballet season??

Can you share these...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Richard LH said:

RBO have been offering limited time offers of heavy discounts (25/30%) for some dates of the higher priced seats for Marriage of Figaro and La Traviata. I wonder if the same will apply to the new ballet season??

Are these discounts for Friends or generally available?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

Are these discounts for Friends or generally available?

Are there any such thing as 'friends discounts'.

There are discounts they put up on social media and ones they send round via email (but these are never to just or all friends). 

BASILIO25 is for Marriage of Figaro....and to correct my earlier post, this is for ALL seats on the given dates, in this case.

GERMONT30 is for La Traviata, for the top 4 price bands only, for the given dates. A quirk of that being it is cheaper (well, less expensive) to buy the better seats in the third or fourth band  than the non-discounted fifth band!

The implication is that sales have been falling a fair bit short of what was expected, at the initial prices.

No, Friends don't seem to be preferentially offered such discounts. Being a Friend, I find this somewhat galling! Can't we get first dibs?

Similarly galling would be to find a seat category you have bought earlier, as  a Friend (or otherwise) discounted by so much later on. But I suppose you could return your tickets (minus the admin fee) and use the credit to buy the cheaper discounted seats??

Edited by Richard LH
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

No, Friends don't seem to be preferentially offered such discounts. Being a Friend, I find this somewhat galling! Can't we get first dibs?

I'm not a Friend, but this would seem fair to me. Unless they assume Friends in their enthusiasm, have already bought their tickets (at full price) so don't want to wind them up

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zxDaveM said:

Unless they assume Friends in their enthusiasm, have already bought their tickets (at full price) so don't want to wind them up

Although anyone who has already bought a ticket might feel a bit miffed, Friend or not!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Richard LH said:

BASILIO25 is for Marriage of Figaro....and to correct my earlier post, this is for ALL seats on the given dates, in this case.

GERMONT30 is for La Traviata, for the top 4 price bands only, for the given dates. A quirk of that being it is cheaper (well, less expensive) to buy the better seats in the third or fourth band  than the non-discounted fifth band!

The implication is that sales have been falling a fair bit short of what was expected, at the initial prices.

Similarly galling would be to find a seat category you have bought earlier, as  a Friend (or otherwise) discounted by so much later on. But I suppose you could return your tickets (minus the admin fee) and use the credit to buy the cheaper discounted seats??

This will be a very light season for me overall - I'm not planning on booking anything in the Winter period and I can't remember when that last happened - so my thoughts are probably slanted by this.

I wonder if the RBO has decided on a shift to a strategy of building in potential discounts rather pricing tickets where they think they'll sell. In fairness to them, this would appear to be in line with many West End shows. However it seriously lessens the biggest material benefit of being a Friend: that is, early booking. When you have reasonable confidence that the ticket prices for the performances you're interested in won't budge, then it is sensible to book well in advance. When that confidence collapses, many Friends might wonder what they're getting out of it.

• Like 15