RBS Junior Associates 2024

LVC

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@DaintyBallerinaMum I wondered this because I can’t be the only one with millions of questions 😂 and also nice to find other families going to the same centre etc but I can’t seem to find any groups. Interesting you have the times in your handbook, I feel like if they were in ours they would be pretty clear obvious so I’m starting to think we just don’t have that information for Birmingham yet! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, minnielovesalbert said:

Does anyone know what the difference is between being offered 24 or 32 sessions? Is it a question of ability? Like the ones who get offered 32 are more advanced? Trying to make sense of it.

No. It’s just the number of sessions. Usually you can put what you prefer. I guess maybe the people they preferred got their first choice?

@minnielovesalbert good question, I can’t remember but I think when we registered to audition I didn’t put any preference I just asked for any, and we have been given 32. I have no idea what the difference is apart from being more weeks! 
@DaintyBallerinaMum yes! I searched for a forum and I searched Facebook thinking there must be something and then I thought maybe they don’t allow groups on Facebook because there’s literally nothing! 

Bath centre for us - I received an email with a link to a folder with all of the information and links for the uniform. 

The dates are on a separate pdf file with the location and time of the lesson. 

Does anyone know when the Bath centre changed from Radstock to actual Bath? It's being held at the University of Bath sports centre. Another dancer at our dance school stopped JAs after two years and both years they went to Radstock. 

I have soooooooo many questions, but I am going to write them down then give them over all at once. 

Such as: Are we allowed to buy any kind of canvas ballet shoes and socks or do we have to get the ones on the uniform website?

6 hours ago, minnielovesalbert said:

Does anyone know what the difference is between being offered 24 or 32 sessions? Is it a question of ability? Like the ones who get offered 32 are more advanced? Trying to make sense of it.

From experience of the London classes,  and in my opinion, the stronger dancers most suited for WL finals are usually taken into JA5. Statistically, most WL offers have come from the 32 week London class, at least over the past few years. 

What class will your daughter be joining? 

14 hours ago, Pinkshoes said:

From experience of the London classes,  and in my opinion, the stronger dancers most suited for WL finals are usually taken into JA5. Statistically, most WL offers have come from the 32 week London class, at least over the past few years. 

What class will your daughter be joining? 

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate.

Most year 5 JAs who continue to year 6 are offered a choice.  Most pick 32 even if they did 24 in year 5. Lots of people select 24 for many reasons before auditioning - travel time, missing classes at their current dance school etc.  Less sessions does not mean its a worse or weaker class - my daughter was new in year 6 and selected 24 as we had no idea if she would like it and we wanted to see what it was like.  She got WL finals, subsequently MAs and now SAs.  Girls from her 24 week class also go elmhurst and WL.

I wouln't worry about it.  The standard of teaching will be the same and they don't prioritise those who go more often.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BattementBatty said:

I'm not sure this is entirely accurate.

Most year 5 JAs who continue to year 6 are offered a choice.  Most pick 32 even if they did 24 in year 5. Lots of people select 24 for many reasons before auditioning - travel time, missing classes at their current dance school etc.  Less sessions does not mean its a worse or weaker class - my daughter was new in year 6 and selected 24 as we had no idea if she would like it and we wanted to see what it was like.  She got WL finals, subsequently MAs and now SAs.  Girls from her 24 week class also go elmhurst and WL.

I wouln't worry about it.  The standard of teaching will be the same and they don't prioritise those who go more often.

Thank you. That’s reassuring. How many year 6 classes are there in London? Only Ja2 and ja5?

Next question: for those who have had a child do JAs and festivals. Did your child get removed from festival dances because they were in JAs which took up Saturday time? 

I feel like my dance school isn't exactly happy my child got accepted to JAs. 

@minnielovesalbert I believe there are 3 London classes for year 6. My daughter is doing JA5 but there is a morning class and then two afternoon classes including hers. I think JA3, 4 & 5 are all year 6 and JA1 & 2 are the mixed Y4&5 classes. 

@oceanspirit my daughter still does festivals though JAs take priority for us. Some children’s dance schools aren’t as accommodating and they have to miss JAs for festival rehearsals etc but ours seem to be fine. If there was a rare occasion a group dance clashed with JA we may consider a one off absence from class but there wasn’t a single group dance clash for her last year thankfully! 

Edited by Vocalista