RBS Junior Associates 2024

LVC

maybe different BB branch operate differently? R they franchised ? 

as I have a positive experience so far with London one and the owner directly .

she didn’t charge me any audition fee , and told me my kid is not ready . And send me elsewhere for more foundation building . 

unlike another company  : “post me the fee firstly asap . “

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/06/2024 at 06:43, Dancing_Mae said:

@Jellybean This is concerning to us! Doing more advanced ballet without the right technique is the last thing I want. My daughters in Y5 so I’m not sure why she’s been offered mids instead of Junior either… My daughter competes and is on the performance team but wants to do more ballet. We have a lot to think about it seems.

Maybe ask if you can go along to the viewing class? I think there is one more lesson left in July in Manchester. They seem to teach the kids the same small piece of repertoire in prep for viewing classes but this year I haven't seen any in the studio itself as they are only having one viewing.  No one really corrects her technique or shows how to do the steps from scratch so she just does them badly 😂  There are alot of children who come and go. Classes can vary from 10 to 30 children.  My main reason though for not continuing though is that she doesn't enjoy it.   

On 04/06/2024 at 07:51, Minniewilder said:

maybe different BB branch operate differently? R they franchised ? 

as I have a positive experience so far with London one and the owner directly .

she didn’t charge me any audition fee , and told me my kid is not ready . And send me elsewhere for more foundation building . 

unlike another company  : “post me the fee firstly asap . “

They aren't franchised. 

4 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Maybe ask if you can go along to the viewing class? I think there is one more lesson left in July in Manchester. They seem to teach the kids the same small piece of repertoire in prep for viewing classes but this year I haven't seen any in the studio itself as they are only having one viewing.  No one really corrects her technique or shows how to do the steps from scratch so she just does them badly 😂  There are alot of children who come and go. Classes can vary from 10 to 30 children.  My main reason though for not continuing though is that she doesn't enjoy it.   

My little one is Year 5 currently and mids. The mids has a wide age range. She started mids when she was just 9 and there are children up to 13 in there.

57 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

Have you raised any of those issues with them? 

Good luck to everyone waiting for results - we are about to finish up after being involved for the last 5 years (different kids) and, for us, it’s been a great scheme which has been really beneficial in lots of ways. 

Having said that, there are lots of other options if you’re not successful this year - if you’re on social media it may feel like literally everyone has got a place but it’s really not the case and there are lots of other schemes which may suit your child better anyway. 

We know so many gorgeous dancers who didn’t get in first or second time, or even at all. Some may do 3 years while others join in Y6 and it makes no difference at all in the long run, so don’t be disheartened if the result isn’t what you were hoping for this particular year. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dancing_Mae said:

@Jellybean It was 12th June for us last year too. Is this the same every year? I really hope we get them tomorrow, the wait feels so long 😅

I'm not sure. First year auditioning last year but from what I gather on social media, 2022 was 15th. Yep - I feel you on the email front! Nerves are sky high! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AllAboutTheJourney said:

Good luck to everyone waiting for results - we are about to finish up after being involved for the last 5 years (different kids) and, for us, it’s been a great scheme which has been really beneficial in lots of ways. 

Having said that, there are lots of other options if you’re not successful this year - if you’re on social media it may feel like literally everyone has got a place but it’s really not the case and there are lots of other schemes which may suit your child better anyway. 

We know so many gorgeous dancers who didn’t get in first or second time, or even at all. Some may do 3 years while others join in Y6 and it makes no difference at all in the long run, so don’t be disheartened if the result isn’t what you were hoping for this particular year. 

That is a lovely post. You are so right 🥰

For as long as i have been interested in JAs, results have come out the 2nd Weds in June except from 2020 covid as they were video auditions later in the year. But they may decide to mix it up this year 😂

Good luck to all auditioning. Hopefully it will be tomorrow 🤞🏻

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Minniewilder said:

We got a “not yet maybe next year “ from ballet booster . So I guess it will be a no also from RBJA. 

You don’t know the same dancer could be in and not in depending on the day. At this level it’s so much about luck and the smallest detail. I’ll keep the hope for you! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Minniewilder said:

We got a “not yet maybe next year “ from ballet booster . So I guess it will be a no also from RBJA. 

You never know! Fingers crossed for everyone xxx

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dancing_Mae said:

@Nutcracker15 Im exactly same 😂 Even though I know there’s a chance it may not even be today

On 11/06/2024 at 09:26, Dancing_Mae said:

@Jellybean It was 12th June for us last year too. Is this the same every year? I really hope we get them tomorrow, the wait feels so long 😅

Starting to think perhaps not today too. The wait is just killing me! 😂😖