RBS Junior Associates 2024

LVC

6 hours ago, Nutcracker15 said:

no, we haven’t got any children in the school. . . Yet 🤞

just seen it on social media! Looks fab! 

You’re very welcome to come along even without any children at the school - it’s open to the public! Will be a fabulous day. 😀

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather is looking a bit better now but if it’s raining then the actual performances will be indoors. Hoping for a good day - it’s a huge undertaking for the PTA and a highlight of the school year for everyone. 

Also a lovely chance to see inside the school for anyone interested. 

@Minniewilder it’s only a v short walk from the car park to the school. I believe the minibus transfer is available for those who have mobility issues if needed but don’t quote me on that - we haven’t ever used the parking at the fair.

It is largely on grass so it may be a bit muddy underfoot I guess - not sure how much rain you guys have had down south in the last few days. 

Hello everyone! I'm literally jumping every time a new email comes in. Fingers crossed we hear something today.

Either way we had a fabulous day out in London for the audition and loved the experience.

• Like 1

They definitely said by end of June. So maybe they are just taking their time. I spoke to the lady signing us in on the day and she said there were approx 390 students auditioning in London alone. 

Welcome to another day in the waiting game. Think I have lost hope of when it will be and deciding that as of today I'm going to try forget about it as don't want to spend the best part of June worrying and waiting. 

I noticed lots of children at our audition who had driven from places with their own centres, then past closer centres, to ours in Bath. I have seen that in past years a lot of children at this centre do the same, travelling for sometimes 6 hour round trips, past closer centres. Presume they think this centre is 'easier'? Is the prestige and class really worth the drive? Do dance school encourage this...as it seems a lot of students from certain far away schools attend the audition. Do other local centres see this? Should RBS send you to your nearest centre? What is the impact on the child with this travel schedule?

Interested in thoughts?

Edited by dance5678
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dance5678 said:

I noticed lots of children at our audition who had driven from places with their own centres, then past closer centres, to ours in Bath. I have seen that in past years a lot of children at this centre do the same, travelling for sometimes 6 hour round trips, past closer centres. Presume they think this centre is 'easier'? Is the prestige and class really worth the drive? Do dance school encourage this...as it seems a lot of students from certain far away schools attend the audition. Do other local centres see this? Should RBS send you to your nearest centre? What is the impact on the child with this travel schedule?

Interested in thoughts?

We didn't apply this year, but when I was considering JA last year, I asked if they had any centre doing Sundays and I was prepared to travel for that. We could do London, Eastleigh, Bath and yes, I think London would be the most difficult so I would rather apply to easier ones. My consideration may be wrong though and I don't have any insider's knowledge of how easy particular centres are, but that was my thinking.

The impact on the chid is they would have to read more on the train 😂

You can audition at any centre - it doesn't have to be the one you want to attend classes at - so I wouldn't read anything into that. Many people audition at a different centre if the audition date suits them better. 

In terms of actually attending classes, sometimes people choose a further away centre if the day of the class suits them better (Sunday not Saturday for example) or because they'd rather do less or more sessions. Lots of variables and everyone has different schedules. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dance5678 said:

Interested in thoughts?

I don’t know that your auditioning centre necessarily means that the centre you’ve applied for? We had a lot of children travel to our centre for the audition, because the time and date worked, but they had actually applied to another location. Maybe the same for Bath?

18 minutes ago, dance5678 said:

Interested in thoughts?

Also- don't forget some may end up getting their second choice which is further away than their closest centre and possibly their first choice. Or- may just live far away! I'm in Wales, so everything is a few hour drive!

And audition wise as has been mentioned above, some may go to another centre because the date worked, or for a day out if its one of the more 'exciting' centres like London or Birmingham! Most of the children won't get in, sadly, so it's making the audition a fun experience in itself :)

Edited by kimsballet
  • Like 1