Italia Conti Dance 2024

5 hours ago, jenalexandra78 said:

Got dada funding & place at hall. 

Block d 227. 2nd floor.  

Where is the freshers page xxx 

Finally decided after 5 offers we have decided on one xx

Good news that will be a weight off your mind. My daughter is block B :)

I rang to ask if others in the flat on italia conti and said there are a few which makes me think not full of ic kids. So I have asked if a room in a ic flat came available could they possibly swap her. But will get dd to go on freshers page and see if anyone in her flat on there. I also popped her name on bus pass list. 

Did anyone look round halls prior. I'm thinking of going london to show my 16 year old routes etc from euston station etc. Hoping they let you look round etc. 

All exciting 😀 

10 minutes ago, jenalexandra78 said:

I rang to ask if others in the flat on italia conti and said there are a few which makes me think not full of ic kids. So I have asked if a room in a ic flat came available could they possibly swap her. But will get dd to go on freshers page and see if anyone in her flat on there. I also popped her name on bus pass list. 

Did anyone look round halls prior. I'm thinking of going london to show my 16 year old routes etc from euston station etc. Hoping they let you look round etc. 

All exciting 😀 

Oh I didn’t know they go onto a list for the bus pass - hope i’m not too late. Do you do it via Guilden Hall or IC?

I stipulated that my DD had to be in an IC flat so i’m sure they can move your DD if one comes up. Best thing she can don a get herself onto the freshers page as suggested and just ask who’s in that flat.  Do you stay far away then? My daughter flew down and then there is a bus which I booked goes right from Heathrow into Guildford and woking. She also stayed in Guilden with her friend who is a currently staying there.

It’s getting all too real now! 😊

9 hours ago, jenalexandra78 said:

We are Cumbria so 6hours 30 car. 

Or car to penrith - train to euston then Guildford.  

So no real quick route. Bus pass through guilden ,  yeah dd is waiting to get approved on group. 

Xxx 

We are in Ayrshire so 8+hrs for us - not looking forward to the drive down (London trains so unreliable from Glasgow). I find a flight is easiest for us but can’t get all her belongings on a flight unfortunately xxx

• 3 weeks later...

Just quick one noticed the contract for guilden villiage is after the in person start date .... 

Do you contact them to ask for earlier start date of accomudation.

Are people moving them in on the Sunday before is it 8th the Monday start 9th Sept? ...?? 

Just thought I'd ask as I'm going down to London to look round on Friday so I would be sorting in person then. But wondered what others where doing. 

The freshers page has accepted my daughters request so we are stuck not knowing any info that side of things .

8 hours ago, jenalexandra78 said:

Just quick one noticed the contract for guilden villiage is after the in person start date .... 

Do you contact them to ask for earlier start date of accomudation.

Are people moving them in on the Sunday before is it 8th the Monday start 9th Sept? ...?? 

Just thought I'd ask as I'm going down to London to look round on Friday so I would be sorting in person then. But wondered what others where doing. 

The freshers page has accepted my daughters request so we are stuck not knowing any info that side of things .

Hi I took out a longer contract so Lucy is going in on 31/08 and will be there to do ballet week/back to ballet. Give them a ring and see if you can amend it xxx

We have only got accommodation from the 14th Sept. We have already spoken to Guilden and they said they would try and accommodate my DD from the 2nd. But also we hadn't had the e mail about back to ballet so need to phone conti about that!!

2 hours ago, fionad said:

We have only got accommodation from the 14th Sept. We have already spoken to Guilden and they said they would try and accommodate my DD from the 2nd. But also we hadn't had the e mail about back to ballet so need to phone conti about that!!

No we never got an email about back to ballet either 🤷🏻‍♀️DD picked it up on Conti fb page I think x

I got email there are 3 options 

Ballet 

Mt 

And dance I think. 

I will talk to them on Friday.

Xxx 

My dd has found 2 in her flat both 18/19. I kind of wanted some aged 16 so will speak to them re that too. 

Excited to look round though.

On 14/06/2024 at 09:42, Hopeless Ballet Mum said:

We are in Ayrshire so 8+hrs for us - not looking forward to the drive down (London trains so unreliable from Glasgow). I find a flight is easiest for us but can’t get all her belongings on a flight unfortunately xxx

Not sure of the cost nowadays but I did a year living in Belfast for uni and obviously couldn’t fit everything on a flight either so I used a service called ‘send my bag.’ They shipped a suitcase/cardboard box of my stuff and was pretty good for getting bulky things moved. Just in case that helps! At the time it wasn’t crazy expensive for the convenience but that probably has changed.

Well back to ballet booked. ✔️

All items purchased to make cupboard feel like home at Guilden Village✔️

Extra night booked so we can get into clean DD’s room the weekend of move in✔️

Wonder if I’ve missed anything🤔 

PS we bought an IC hoodie and having to return it as they are very small. Ordered XS as DD size 4-6 but changing for a medium (she wants it baggy) 

PS we bought an IC hoodie and having to return it as they are very small. Ordered XS as DD size 4-6 but changing for a medium (she wants it baggy) 

My DD phoned them in the end and now waiting for the back to ballet e mail!! Where did you get hoodie link from pls? Was it in the uniform list??

2 hours ago, fionad said:

My DD phoned them in the end and now waiting for the back to ballet e mail!! Where did you get hoodie link from pls? Was it in the uniform list??

link for booking  ballet week  https://www.gigantic.com/italia-conti-back-to-training-tickets/woking-italia-conti/2024-09-02-10-00-36317?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2ATvYO5pesv3Psg96Z5d6oVlDi_EzB4Vwkn7oI51mAOOAfc6gC9mGITj0_aem_RjJjQmlXXUutFu2a2eWKhg

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering ....

When we sent round guilden villiage I mentioned the start date being earlier that contract date and she basically said they can book it week early bit not in same room / flat.  I've booked one but just wondered if that's the same for everyone?...

Just bit annoying I'd be taking all her stuff down to move her in and then she's going to have to move it all to her proper flat alone next wknd. Just seams stupid. 

Xxx

19 hours ago, jenalexandra78 said:

Just wondering ....

When we sent round guilden villiage I mentioned the start date being earlier that contract date and she basically said they can book it week early bit not in same room / flat.  I've booked one but just wondered if that's the same for everyone?...

Just bit annoying I'd be taking all her stuff down to move her in and then she's going to have to move it all to her proper flat alone next wknd. Just seams stupid. 

Xxx

We are moving in on Friday 30th August but managed to get her allocated flat but I did request the extra weeks at the start.

• 2 weeks later...

Mines in Block B starting 31st tenancy wise. She has found someone else who's in her same flat but not sure if the age. 

Guilden village told us all the 16 yours would be together.

Edited by Rob Taylor

Just managed to get her correct flat for week prior. Block d 227. She's found other people in her flat all are 18 and think most are musical theatre rather than dance. We have just done week before so the 7th wknd. 

What are people doing re bus pass , just got email saying can take the bus pass but offering the train option of travel card and 500 cash instead as trains had been popular rather than bus. 

She's already got the train discount card. But still thought I'd ask what people where doing. I might get bus pass and then she has option. 

Anyone any knowledge or thoughts on the travelling to ic.

2 hours ago, jenalexandra78 said:

Just managed to get her correct flat for week prior. Block d 227. She's found other people in her flat all are 18 and think most are musical theatre rather than dance. We have just done week before so the 7th wknd. 

What are people doing re bus pass , just got email saying can take the bus pass but offering the train option of travel card and 500 cash instead as trains had been popular rather than bus. 

She's already got the train discount card. But still thought I'd ask what people where doing. I might get bus pass and then she has option. 

Hi Jena my daughter is taking the bus pass.  She says it was still a good walk to Conti from the train so she prefers the bus which drops her closer.

2 hours ago, jenalexandra78 said:

I'm guessing they will get to make friends in other flats too. Think my only worry is if all 18 year olds go out pub clubs and she's left on own etc. 

I’m sure once they make friends in class they will soon all mingle between buildings :)

I still need to get a railcard  as Lucy’s young scot card isn’t accepted across the border. For anyone else who has still to buy one I see trip.com are doing an annual card for £25 instead of £30.  Not sure whether to just go for the 3 year card which is £70 - seems a far better deal! Anyone else bought a 3yr railcard?

Also have booked some of Lucy’s luggage to go down ahead of us. Has anyone used Send My Bag before? Seems easiest way to send some of her luggage this way as we have a huge amount of Ikea paraphanalia to squeeze into our boot!

2 weeks on Friday until we set off. Farewell party this coming Friday night - it’s all getting very real. 😱

I've gone bus pass. Dd asked someone who goes and they said bus stop is lots closer to walk too. Dd has the app with train discount card so she can in theory do both.

Just looked with her discount card it's 2.50 return from guildford to Woking 10 min journey. So she will have bus pass and if she decides to train it it's not too much to just get a ticket on days she maybe does that. 

We have booked premier inn on Friday 6th and booked the 30 min slot on sat 7th to get her in. 

We didn't go with week earlier and the "back to.... " course as we are away beginning of the week. 

But it's all so soon. I think I'm more excited than she is. 

I am curious to know timetable and if it ends up including wknds with dd being 16. I heard trinity dance has longer timetable than degree courses.  

List writing times I think for leotards and shoes. 

Heads up the de luca website has a sake coming up soon xxx

• Like 1

On 12/08/2024 at 08:25, jenalexandra78 said:

We,very gone for the bus pass, but going to get her a rail card too.

• Like 1