Alexander Campbell farewell performances and appreciation thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any forum members at Alexander's conversation with LBC this evening? I found it very illuminating, he is such a good, interesting speaker with a deep ability to reflect. I thought it was interesting he said the roles he would have liked to dance were Prince Rudolf and the lead in Rhaspody. I had never thought of him in the second but now agree, it would have been an incredible performance! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, lady emily said:

Any forum members at Alexander's conversation with LBC this evening? I found it very illuminating, he is such a good, interesting speaker with a deep ability to reflect. I thought it was interesting he said the roles he would have liked to dance were Prince Rudolf and the lead in Rhaspody. I had never thought of him in the second but now agree, it would have been an incredible performance! 

Yes - it was very interesting! He's very reflective and analytical but also fun and good-humoured. And he has a rare combination of both self-belief and humility. (Yes - I'm a fan!). And yes - I would have loved to have seen him in those roles too. Thanks to him, the LBC and Gerald Dowler for a lovely interview.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, alison said:

I thought he had done Rhapsody - I could have sworn I'd seen him in the costume

He danced the PDD with Akane in one of the post-covid multiple bills....they were wonderful together.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richard LH said:

He danced the PDD with Akane in one of the post-covid multiple bills....they were wonderful together.

their musicality was unsurpassed.  It’s a real loss that they didn’t perform the whole ballet.  

• Like 8

Funnily enough, I was only thinking Campbell would have been marvellous in Rhapsody when I went to see it the other week.  And with his dramatic skills he would have been a cracking Rudolf, I am sure.  

Edited by Fonty
  • Like 9

Loved the bit when he talked about Vadim and said he was told he had to share a room with him and initially he wasn't very keen as he didn't know him very well. He said they spent several weeks circling warily round each other then Vadim sent him an email about a stage performance which he might have taken offence at but he thought was hilariously funny and they've been friends ever since. He also said he thought he was slightly better at basketball!

• Like 8

On 20/06/2024 at 20:24, lady emily said:

The challenging choreography for Benno in Liam Scarlett’s Swan Lake was created on Alexander.  It’s no surprise that there is an overlap in the casting of that role with the lead (and supporting men) in Rhapsody. 

Edited by FionaM
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, jmhopton said:

Loved the bit when he talked about Vadim and said he was told he had to share a room with him and initially he wasn't very keen as he didn't know him very well. He said they spent several weeks circling warily round each other then Vadim sent him an email about a stage performance which he might have taken offence at but he thought was hilariously funny and they've been friends ever since. He also said he thought he was slightly better at basketball!

Loved the circling lions metaphor!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1