Ashton programmes summer 2024

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve approached the RB Ashton programme(s) as ONE mixed bill of the Dream and Rhapsody with different bits for the other third … either Les Rendezvous or the ‘short works’. 

10 performances in total.  

It should sell … and particularly because those keen on Ashton will likely go to see one of each mix, if not more for different casts.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes art_enthusiast it is rather late but I was surprised by the preciseness of the timing Lol! 
I guess this is another three hour -er but hoping to be so engrossed in the dancing of this programme that the three hours will fly by! 

I also asked about the Sarasota timing and that’s two hours so 7.45-9.45 

Edited by LinMM
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Aruna S said:

Would anyone have an idea of how long the triple bill with Les Rendezvous, The Dream and Rhapsody could be, please? The website has been saying "running times available soon" for ages now and I wanted to book a restaurant for dinner after the performance. Many thanks!

I've actually done a bit of digging to work this out. Rendezvous is around 20 mins I think, The Dream 45 mins but is a 1 hour film on the stream. Rhapsody is 33 mins on the stream. I would estimate up to 30 mins for intervals so am estimating a total run time of 2h45.

• Like 3

So allowing 10 mins for curtain calls and to get down to the exit I should imagine it would be around 10.30 in the end. I’m going on the 10th June (slightly different programme) and on this occasion need to order a taxi as will have considerable luggage with me for various reasons which is why I asked the box office. 
The 10.24 ending struck me as funny. 
I might have to go back when the time comes to tell him it actually ended at 10.23 lol!! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

I also asked about the Sarasota timing and that’s two hours so 7.45-9.45 

Did they say if that was for all three of the Sarasota programmes or were you only asking about one of them?

• Like 1

Not sure whether this is just the Sarasota Ashton thread or general Ashton programmes.

Anyhow, I just noticed on Instagram that Liam Boswell will be Puck with Yasmine Naghdi and Calvin Richardson.

And in the background of one of Calvin's IG pics Marco Masciari can be seen as Puck and Daichi Ikarashi rehearsing with Marcelino Sambé.  Looks like we'll get treated to some exciting new Pucks  😃

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Silke H said:

Anyhow, I just noticed on Instagram that Liam Boswell will be Puck with Yasmine Naghdi and Calvin Richardson.

I'm disappointed that the jester casts for Cinderella aren't announced.  I very much want to see Liam Boswell in that role again.

• Like 4

On 30/05/2024 at 14:35, LinMM said:

I asked yesterday in the box office at ROH and the performance is predicted to end at 10.24!!!! 

I too had a go, like Blossom, at trying to find out and add up the timings. From the stage manager reports on the ROH  performance database archives, Les Rendezvous was 22-24 minutes depending on which cast/night, The Dream was 52-56 minutes depending on different casts, Rhapsody between 29-31 minutes. If I take the longest timings and add in two 30 minute intervals that'd be 171 minutes ie 2h 51 min. Shortest wouid be 163 min, ie 2h 43min. So 10.24pm isn't far off, @Aruna S, unless they (hopefully) choose shorter intervals eg 25min instead

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 30/05/2024 at 16:30, FionaM said:

I’ve approached the RB Ashton programme(s) as ONE mixed bill of the Dream and Rhapsody with different bits for the other third … either Les Rendezvous or the ‘short works’. 

10 performances in total.  

It should sell … and particularly because those keen on Ashton will likely go to see one of each mix, if not more for different casts.  

Would be at all if I could!! But finances sadly don’t allow when adding in travel etc….😢

Edited by Peanut68

38b02e7d-5dc6-4f7e-a5bd-f86d8aa9b9d6.jpg

Sir Frederick Ashton with The Sarasota Ballet's Assistant Director Margaret Barbieri Photography Credit: Leslie E. Spatt

This Just in . . . Happening in a Few Hours!

Don't miss the Livestream today as The Sarasota Ballet prepares for upcoming performances alongside The Royal Ballet with a selection of works that pay tribute to Sir Frederick Ashton’s legacy as Founder Choreographer of The Royal Ballet.

The Royal Opera House's Insights: Ashton Celebrated is sold out. However, you can still catch this momentous behind-the-scenes performance on The Royal Ballet's Livestream via YouTube! 

The Royal Ballet Livestream starts today at 2:45 PM EST and 7:45 PM BST on The Royal Opera House YouTube Channel.

View Insights: Ashton Celebrated Livestream
thumbnail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%
Click for More Information on Insights
Click for More Information on Ashton Celebrated
Facebook  Instagram  Web  YouTube  X  LinkedIn

The Sarasota Ballet | 5555 N Tamiami Trail | Sarasota, FL 34243US

Unsubscribe | Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice

Constant Contact
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, alison said:

The Dream has a very bulky set: I'm not sure how long it takes to change, even with all this modern machinery they have backstage?

Wonder how bulky the Les Rendezvous set will be. I thought The Dream should go first- it usually does. Unless LR has even more bulky sets than The Dream..... Hopefully brisk tempos for all the ballets then 😄 (they're actually meant to be!) 

13 minutes ago, nycitybird said:

Pleased to see on Hayward's Instagram that she's ditched the yellow wig for Titania!

Yes. She looks stunning! 

• Like 2

Interesting cast for The Walk to the Paradise Garden (it's a three-parter) :)

Macarena Gimenez, Ricardo Graziano, Daniel Pratt, Thomas Beecham, William Chappell

• Like 2

On 04/06/2024 at 02:02, alison said:

Interesting cast for The Walk to the Paradise Garden (it's a three-parter) :)

Macarena Gimenez, Ricardo Graziano, Daniel Pratt, Thomas Beecham, William Chappell

Sir Thomas Beecham’s arrangement of the Delius score and William Chappell’s designs? Just speculating in an idle moment…