Thank you! You are all being so helpful with my endless list of questions!!!

One more.....Dutch National.....there are different costs for tuition for inside and outside of EEA....guessing we are outside cost?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunrise81 said:

Thank you! You are all being so helpful with my endless list of questions!!!

One more.....Dutch National.....there are different costs for tuition for inside and outside of EEA....guessing we are outside cost?

It costs just over €6 k per year but then there are the costs of accommodation, living expenses and flights etc. 

• Like 1

Yes, UK students pay the higher tuition fees at Dutch National Ballet Academy. (I’m from the US, so I never had any hope of getting a break). Trying to find housing in Amsterdam is extremely difficult and has gotten worse this year. The rental laws changed on July 1st, which will hopefully eventually make things better, but right now it’s causing chaos.

Appreciate the original question in this thread asked about 16+ entry, but does anyone have any recommendations for European schools for the equivalent of English Y10 and 11? I am keen to explore any which would allow my DC to do online GCSE study while attending, but that may not be a possibility (in which case we will stick to UK options for the GCSE years).

11 minutes ago, Tiaramum said:

@BalletParent123 Have you looked at Kings International Ballet Academy? 

Yes we have it on the list - we both like the sound of it and have heard good things but the homestay aspect is the one thing making my DC hesitate as they think they would prefer to either be boarding (in the more traditional sense) or come home and be coached privately from there. It's definitely one we are looking into though and we will likely try and visit/apply. 

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Dutch National Ballet Academy does not have boarding. Students either find a family to host or get their own apartments. My DD was living on her own there at 17.

Thanks - that's off the list until the next stage then. I like the sound of it for Upper School. 

On 06/08/2024 at 15:34, Kerfuffle said:

My understanding is that if you have an EU passport you can stay all year round but if you don’t you have to follow the EU rules of only staying for 3 months then not retuning for 3 months. I know an American girl who did this. 

What if you actually DO have an EU passport but don’t actively live in an EU country? 

12 hours ago, No name said:

What if you actually DO have an EU passport but don’t actively live in an EU country? 

It doesn’t matter where you live; it’s the passport that counts!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The State Ballet School Berlin is for free no matter what passport you hold. Costs for the attached  boarding school and for food apply. If a student has not enough financial means, then they can get financial support.

The school is NOT affiliated with Staatsballett Berlin, but company members regularly give workshops or classes and are part of juries during internal competitions. For example Polina Semionova, David Soares, Leroy Mokgatle. Students also get to perform with Staatsballett Berlin.

There is also a cooperation between the school and Berlin Ballet Company (focus on contemporary dance).

http://ballettschule-berlin.de/en/

Edited by Sabine0308
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, adagiolover11 said:

Hi!

i was wondering if Anyone had more information in the conservatoire national supérieur de danse de paris! please let me know! Thank you

Hi! I messaged you about someone on this forum who can give you first hand feedback on CNSMPD. I do know also that at least a couple of their students this year got a place in Paris Opera Ballet’s Junior Company and they also had some students participate in the Prix de Lausanne recently.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Neverdancedjustamum said:

Hi! I messaged you about someone on this forum who can give you first hand feedback on CNSMPD. I do know also that at least a couple of their students this year got a place in Paris Opera Ballet’s Junior Company and they also had some students participate in the Prix de Lausanne recently.

Would you be able to send me the info as well? Thank you.