Different appearance of Forum!

OK, I don't reboot my MacBook very often but I did the other day and the Forum now looks different on Safari (it looks the same as on my phone and iPad).  This is, in itself, not an issue but I absolutely hate the way the search facility is now presented.

I tried logging in on Chrome and it is the way it always has been.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the search is so different on what I think of as the mobile version to that of the laptop version?

As it still is on Chrome:

162340081_Screenshot2022-03-31at13_31_05.png.4cc21c5ed95a317dea80a3c466569b3b.png

As it now is on Safari on my MacBook and as it is on my phone:

357341812_Screenshot2022-03-31at13_31_27.png.8748bbacbf6b74546aec2c2ade0df1f3.png

it looks like the lower version in Firefox too (the latest version)

As a bit of a guess, the upper version looks like the 'old' one as I assume Chrome browser not been updated in the reboot. The lower version looks a richer facility tbh (i.e. more options) and probably kicked in at the reboot, as perhaps the Safari browser updated as part of the reboot process. As I rarely use search myself, I can't say if this an improvement - or not!

Doesn't this just depend on how you're doing the search?  Both look familiar to me.  The top one is what I get if, say, I'm in a forum and put a search term in the box, but the bottom one is if I just click on the magnifying glass in the box without putting a search term in.

4 minutes ago, alison said:

Doesn't this just depend on how you're doing the search?  Both look familiar to me.  The top one is what I get if, say, I'm in a forum and put a search term in the box, but the bottom one is if I just click on the magnifying glass in the box without putting a search term in.

I get the bottom one full stop on Safari now.  There isn't a search box any more!

2 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

isn't the 'search term' the box where you put what you're searching for? (and then the other check boxes used to modify the where's etc)

No.  On the old version it is much easier to search within a specific forum, which is what I usually do.  

Two screen shots of the home screen:

The previous (and still chrome) version:

126272248_Screenshot2022-03-31at14_17_00.thumb.png.470060f048ffe550073e7331ae3ec2ac.png

The new Safari (and what it looks like on my phone) version:

1221610974_Screenshot2022-03-31at14_17_34.png.2c667c042d2e4fc62e3e2772985d4858.png

I could do with some tuition, please, on how to use the search function effectively. It doesn’t matter what I enter or which category I select, it never turns up anything remotely related to my requirement. I know that it’s a case of ‘user error’, but ……

2 hours ago, capybara said:

I could do with some tuition, please, on how to use the search function effectively. It doesn’t matter what I enter or which category I select, it never turns up anything remotely related to my requirement. I know that it’s a case of ‘user error’, but ……

Do you get a search box like the one in my first or second photograph Capybara?

• 2 weeks later...

they did write to me (eventually) to say they had 'intermittent faults' in the US (?). I was out last night though, so only saw it this morning. I sorted myself out though, clearing the cache

Hope its all better this morning - seems fine for me anyway

• 4 months later...