Paris Opera Ballet 2022/23 season

Guest oncnp

Guest oncnp
9 minutes ago, SheilaC said:

I've now booked to see the new production of Mayerling at Edinburgh.

Today the Paris Opera Ballet has announced that they will be mounting Mayerling in the autumn (22 October to to 12 November). They will also be doing Manon as  their final ballet (19 June to 15 July)

Best of all, they are going to do Balanchine's Ballet Imperial although unfortunately there's only one other Balanchine ballet in that programme, Who Cares (6 February to 10 March). The one classic is Nureyev's Swan Lake.

They are doing a very mixed bag of ballets, no Robbins, no Roland Petit, various contemporary choreographers, plus Bejart, Pina Bausch and, as has been posted already, MacGregor's Dante Project.

Programme & Tickets - Opéra national de Paris (operadeparis.fr)

and no sign of the canceled Raymonda....

Edited by oncnp

1 hour ago, SheilaC said:

I've now booked to see the new production of Mayerling at Edinburgh.

Today the Paris Opera Ballet has announced that they will be mounting Mayerling in the autumn (22 October to to 12 November). They will also be doing Manon as  their final ballet (19 June to 15 July)

Best of all, they are going to do Balanchine's Ballet Imperial although unfortunately there's only one other Balanchine ballet in that programme, Who Cares (6 February to 10 March). The one classic is Nureyev's Swan Lake.

They are doing a very mixed bag of ballets, no Robbins, no Roland Petit, various contemporary choreographers, plus Bejart, Pina Bausch and, as has been posted already, MacGregor's Dante Project.

Ooh, the lucky POB Rudolfs will be probably be coached by Irek Mukhamedov.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, capybara said:

Ooh, the lucky POB Rudolfs will be probably be coached by Irek Mukhamedov.

Yes, I imagine that Ed Watson will be too occupied at the ROH to be able to do it this time.

Based on the announced rep, I would say the Paris Opera Ballet doesn't know what it wants to be - a classical company or a contemporary company. There are five contemporary programs (six if you count the Maurice Bejart evening as contemporary) to three programs with a "white tights and tutus" bent: Rudolf Nureyev's Swan Lake, George Balanchine's Ballet Imperial (Balanchine evening) and Harald Lander's Etudes.(Patrick Dupond tribute).

16 hours ago, miliosr said:

Based on the announced rep, I would say the Paris Opera Ballet doesn't know what it wants to be - a classical company or a contemporary company.

I would argue that this has been the case since Lefèvre’s time as director. And imho is what makes the company stand out, that they have the range to successfully perform both very contemporary and very classical repertoire and everything in between.

• Like 2