Dance belt for 8 year old

Sarah_D

Hi all, I am super new to the forums, I am a single mother to an 8 year old boy who loves his ballet, he is asking about a dance belt as the other boys his age all have one, as I am a female and do not know much about these, whats the best brand to get, when he puts it on whats the best was to adjust himself (have it pointing up or to the side ect) and is it like a G-String (I'm in Australia so that would be a thong to everyone else)

Thank you for all your help

Hi Sarah, I'm in Australia too. If you go to your local dance shop they will be able to help you. Most dancewear companies sells them - eg Energetiks has them (look on their site under boys - underwear) and (I just checked) Bloch and Capezio do too. Not sure where you are located but can give you some suggestions if you are in NSW, Victoria or Brisbane.

Edited by Kanangra
Checked facts

Welcome to the forum, Sarah.  I'm sure you'll get some more replies shortly.  In the meantime, I've added a "dance belts" tag to your post, and it's brought up the following thread, which sounds as though it might be of help:

• Like 1

Just an alternative if your son does initially struggle with a dance belt. I bought some close fitting undercrackers and ordered from Amazon a foam insert which I shaped into a protective secure pouch and sewed inside. My son wore this until he was 10 without issue.

He then wore the Katz dance wear belt as it was the silkiest softest one we could find in a thong and my son said he didn’t even know he was wearing it especially up his bottom. 😁 He prefers the thong now to the full pants as he finds full pants too restrictive.

I remember the first year he did EYB age 9, one of the other little boys had a dance belt made out of his regular pants and the cup of his mums bra sewn in as support. Obviously boob size would matter for this option. 

• Like 1