Guest oncnp

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oncnp

Scènes de ballet / A Month in the Country / Rhapsody - Saturday 23 April 2022 7.30pm

It looks as if the camera seats may have been released for this performance. The Camera filming is now listed for the 12:30 performance. This would make sense as both filmings would now be the same cast. 

8 hours ago, oncnp said:

Scènes de ballet / A Month in the Country / Rhapsody - Saturday 23 April 2022 7.30pm

It looks as if the camera seats may have been released for this performance. The Camera filming is now listed for the 12:30 performance. This would make sense as both filmings would now be the same cast. 

That explains how I managed to snap up a pair of very central SCS yesterday afternoon!  

Guest oncnp

Perhaps not the right place but noticed the timings were posted for the Ashton triple.....

Approximate running times: 
Scenes de Ballet: 25 minutes
Interval: 30 minutes
A Month in the Country: 45 minutes
Rhapsody: 30 minutes

2 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Perhaps not the right place but noticed the timings were posted for the Ashton triple.....

Approximate running times: 
Scenes de Ballet: 25 minutes
A Month in the Country: 45 minutes
Rhapsody: 30 minutes

interesting running order. 'Month' usually run last (as memory serves), and both Rhapsody and 'Scenes' run first whenever they appear. Makes me wonder if this running order will stand - though perhaps the long intervals make this a moot point in terms of setting/dismantling the stage

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

interesting running order. 'Month' usually run last (as memory serves), and both Rhapsody and 'Scenes' run first whenever they appear. Makes me wonder if this running order will stand - though perhaps the long intervals make this a moot point in terms of setting/dismantling the stage

Month came in the middle last time it was on, with Firebird before and Symphony in C after.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EVWS said:

The Royal Opera House Facebook page has posted a video of Marianela & Matthew rehearsing the pas de deux from Month - so beautiful, can’t wait to see it & the whole triple bill live.

Not sure if the below link will work or not…
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4834702426658700&id=6597757578&ref=sharing&_rdr

I saw this on Instagram, they work beautifully together. Looking wonderful.

Guest oncnp

Cast change 

Saturday 23 April 2022
7.30pm

A Month in the Country
Cast Change

Conducted by Emmanuel Plasson

Cast

and

Saturday 30 April 2022
7.30pm

A Month in the Country
Cast Change

Conducted by Emmanuel Plasson

Cast

and

Monday 2 May 2022
12.30pm
A Month in the Country
A Month in the Country
Cast Change

Edited by oncnp

Shame that Morera is no longer being paired with Bracewell I wonder why?

and this means Cuthbertson no longer doing month at all? Hope she’s not injured. 

Shame Takada is out but I did wonder why her and Corrales haven’t been partnered more this year - their R&J together was fantastic, so will be interesting to see them in a more “classical” piece.

3 minutes ago, JNC said:

Shame that Morera is no longer being paired with Bracewell I wonder why?

and this means Cuthbertson no longer doing month at all? Hope she’s not injured.

Might it be due to rehearsal time? It's presumably easier for Morera to rehearse just with Muntagirov & Bracewell just with Osipova than for Morera & Bracewell to each have to rehearse with each other and with another partner.

I did wonder if Cuthbertson could be injured when she wasn't on the Like Water For Chocolate cast announcement, as I remember reading an interview with her last autumn which said she'd be creating a role in it & now it looks like she isn't.

35 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Might it be due to rehearsal time? It's presumably easier for Morera to rehearse just with Muntagirov & Bracewell just with Osipova than for Morera & Bracewell to each have to rehearse with each other and with another partner.

I did wonder if Cuthbertson could be injured when she wasn't on the Like Water For Chocolate cast announcement, as I remember reading an interview with her last autumn which said she'd be creating a role in it & now it looks like she isn't.

yes rehearsal time make sense.

i wonder if this means cuthbertson will no longer be dancing swan lake?  I see she’s still down to perform. 

40 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Cuthbertson was in class yesterday morning.

• Like 2

Just to keep tabs:

1 hour ago, MJW said:

Just a quick summary of the changes announced in the email from ROH and as mentioned in posts above:

Saturday 23 April, 7.30pm

Scènes de ballet: Alexander Campbell is replaced by Reece Clarke

A Month in the Country: Lauren Cuthbertson is replaced by Laura Morera as Natalia Petrovna

Tuesday 26 April, 7.30pm

Rhapsody: Akane Takada is replaced by Francesca Hayward

Saturday 30 April, 7.30pm 

A Month in the Country: Vadim Muntagirov will perform the role of Beliaev

Monday 2 May, 12.30pm

A Month in the Country: Lauren Cuthbertson is replaced by Laura Morera as Natalia Petrovna

Rhapsody: Akane Takada is replaced by Francesca Hayward

Monday 2 May, 7.30pm

Guest oncnp

More Swan Lake casting changes

Anna Rose O'Sullivan replaces Sarah Lamb who replaced Akane Takada on 4 May. 

Wednesday 4 May 2022
7.30pm

Main Stage

Cast Change

Conducted by Gavriel Heine

Cast

Monday 16 May 2022
7.30pm

Main Stage

Cast Change

Conducted by Gavriel Heine

Cast

Edited by oncnp

Guest oncnp
27 minutes ago, alison said:

Oh dear.  I hope Sarah's okay.

She is still listed to dance with Hirano on 17 and 28 May. This also avoids dancing the night before the Ukraine SL

Edited by oncnp

Oh, my mistake. I'd assumed that Lamb was replacing Takada for both performances, but obviously she can't if she's dancing the next night with Hirano.

I'd been going to get rid of my ticket anyway once I'd booked the Ukraine performance the next day, but I think I'll hold onto it for a bit longer, just in case James Hay is dancing Benno.