Royal Ballet Spring Casting 2022 - and booking

Guest oncnp

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't be the first time someone was invited back for a "farewell performance" or two - possible he might come back in the autumn in something a little meatier?  After all, Rojo did - but then she did join ENB as a dancer/director.  I guess we'll just have to await the announcement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alison said:

It wouldn't be the first time someone was invited back for a "farewell performance" or two - possible he might come back in the autumn in something a little meatier?  After all, Rojo did - but then she did join ENB as a dancer/director.  I guess we'll just have to await the announcement.

As more recently did Soares, doing Onegin over a year after his previous RB performances. (Which for me led to the slightly disconcerting situation of seeing him dance live for the first time at his farewell performance!) If anyone from the RB is reading this forum, I would really, really like to see Bonelli do Mayerling!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I would really, really like to see Bonelli do Mayerling!

Well yes, but dancing Rudolf requires a phenomenal level of fitness and Bonelli might not be best placed to maintain that in his new role.

However, we shall see……..

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I'm sorry. It was just a suggestion, given the RB will be low on experienced Rudolfs when Mayerling is next revived, with Watson, Soares & now Bonelli retired.

I was agreeing with your suggestion, Dawnstar. It would be a great farewell - but it will be a big ask!

Edited by capybara
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I'm sorry. It was just a suggestion, given the RB will be low on experienced Rudolfs when Mayerling is next revived, with Watson, Soares & now Bonelli retired.

That's a good point.  The torches must soon be passed...I wonder to whom?  Matthew Ball was wonderful in his debut as Rudolf.  But another one isn't jumping out at me right at the moment.  Perhaps William Bracewell...?  Anyway, apologies, I don't want to divert this thread, but Dawnstar's comment gave me pause for thought!  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sim said:

That's a good point.  The torches must soon be passed...I wonder to whom?  Matthew Ball was wonderful in his debut as Rudolf.  But another one isn't jumping out at me right at the moment.  Perhaps William Bracewell...?  Anyway, apologies, I don't want to divert this thread, but Dawnstar's comment gave me pause for thought!  

Calvin Richardson? (I think someone else suggested this after Dante.) And apologies for continuing thread diversion!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bridiem said:

Calvin Richardson? (I think someone else suggested this after Dante.) And apologies for continuing thread diversion!

I think perhaps in a year or two...he might need more partnering experience first.  But I might change my mind after his Romeo!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sim said:

After seeing him as Hamlet in the recent Ashton livestream, Bracewell would be my first choice. I'm struggling to think of an obvious 2nd & 3rd choice though... But then I've only seen Mayerling live the once so I daresay others have a better idea of what's required in the role.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AnticaFiamma said:

I wonder if they'll do like they did for Woolf Works and bring The Dante Project back for a few weeks? In that case Bonelli could lead the primary cast and give his farewell playing Dante, like Edward Watson. It's a great role

There are many significantly better pieces for Bonelli’s swan song IMHO

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, capybara said:

I think I’d change the running order on the 30th April to make Month the final piece even though the evening would be a bit unbalanced.

Beliaev is a fabulous role and Bonelli would be dancing with Morera……..😊

It would also allow for a flower shower. (I seem to remember the explanation for Kish not getting one at his final performance being that there wouldn't be time to clear it up in the interval.)

35 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Oh no not a choice of booking systems 😱

Is there a major difference? 

The new one gives you the entire house seat map, and seat view.  You can filter by price and view. Be careful about the dates. You can choose any date in the run but they may not be in chronological order. The old one is...well...the old one. No seat view.

On 31/01/2022 at 11:36, RHowarth said:

Before I start booking trains and hotels- can we assume that the Month he is doing with Morera on 30 April will be his farewell with RB? He starts at Northern Ballet the following week.

Whether it is or not.... how wonderful to see Bonelli/Morera again.  I am still haunted by their Giselle.  What a wonderful pairing they are.

• Like 5

• alison changed the title to Royal Ballet Spring Casting 2022 - and booking
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally:

We hope you are looking forward to seeing Scènes de ballet / A Month in the Country / Rhapsody at the Royal Opera House.

Please be aware that the following cast changes have been made:

Saturday 30 April, 7.30pm

Federico Bonelli is replaced by William Bracewell as Beliaev in A Month in the Country.

• Thanks 1

For the last few days I've not had to wait in a digital queue (usually at the front of it, admittedly) when trying to see availability for Swan Lake and the mixed bills.....is this positive progress or a sign the website is not fully working as intended!? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rob S said:

For the last few days I've not had to wait in a digital queue (usually at the front of it, admittedly) when trying to see availability for Swan Lake and the mixed bills.....is this positive progress or a sign the website is not fully working as intended!? 

I'd hope it was a sign they'll only turn on the queue on new booking days, when the demand warrants it

• Like 3

Guest oncnp

probably technically "Summer" but the seat maps for Wheeldon’s new "Like Water for Chocolate" are on the website. 

Like Water for Chocolate (roh.org.uk)

Booking dates

General booking opens on 10 May 2022  remind me | join and support
View priority booking dates
General: 10 May 2022, 9am
Friends: 26 April 2022, 9am
Young Friends: 26 April 2022, 9am
Friends+: 19 April 2022, 9am
Supporting Friends: 12 April 2022, 9am
Premium 1 Friends: 5 April 2022, 9am
Premium 2 Friends: 29 March 2022, 9am
Edited by oncnp