Royal Ballet Spring Casting 2022 - and booking

Guest oncnp

The website has principal casting up for Spring 2022

New Kyle Abraham / Solo Echo / DGV: Danse à grande vitesse (roh.org.uk)

Scènes de ballet / A Month in the Country / Rhapsody (roh.org.uk)

no nice pdf file that I could find though......

And booking dates...

View priority booking dates
General: 22 February 2022, 9am
Friends: 8 February 2022, 9am
Young Friends: 8 February 2022, 9am
Friends+: 3 February 2022,9am
Supporting Friends: 1 February 2022, 9am
Premium 1 Friends: 27 January 2022, 9am
Premium 2 Friends: 25 January 2022, 9am
Edited by oncnp

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oncnp said:

The website has principal casting up for Spring 2022

New Kyle Abraham / Solo Echo / DGV: Danse à grande vitesse (roh.org.uk)

Scènes de ballet / A Month in the Country / Rhapsody (roh.org.uk)

no nice pdf file that I could find though......

Something to look forward to during the coming months! The Ashton triple is particularly appealing and  hopefully I will end up going to several performances

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Our wish has been granted: Morera in Month in the Country. 😃👍

I think there might be a good turnout from these parts - and can't help fearing that this could be her farewell.

ETA: lovely that she's paired with Bonelli, especially after their unexpected Giselles.

Edited by Lizbie1
  • Like 5

Only one performance for them though, so getting tickets is probably going to be horribly difficult.

ETA Having put the casting into a table so I can work out the combinations, it's even more awkward because the Morera/Bonelli performance is after the other 2 performances that I think I want to go to & with all 7 performances being within 10 days then there's going to be a significant danger of getting covid at one of the earlier performances then not being able to go to the later one.

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Only one performance for them though, so getting tickets is probably going to be horribly difficult.

ETA Having put the casting into a table so I can work out the combinations, it's even more awkward because the Morera/Bonelli performance is after the other 2 performances that I think I want to go to & with all 7 performances being within 10 days then there's going to be a significant danger of getting covid at one of the earlier performances then not being able to go to the later one.

I hope that by next April the Covid situation will have changed considerably and we will no longer have to think in these terms.

• Like 10

Scenes de ballet should have been programmed two and a half years ago, but never mind....better late than never.  I hope you’ll like it, Candleque- it’s a very elegant, in parts demanding ballet, but so impressive when done well. And despite being premiered in 1948 (with Fonteyn as the lead ballerina) it looks like it could have been created today- I always find that the choreography feels very modern, whether I’m watching it in 1990, 2000 or 2010. The music is by Stravinsky, another interesting feature, as Stravinsky is more associated with Balanchine’s work than Ashton, but I believe Ashton was said to have been very fond of this ballet. 

• Like 6

Osipova/Bracewell in Month …. that will be a passionate pairing for this ballet!  Also looking forward to seeing Hayward/Sambe dance Ashton together again.  Their Fille was sensational.  

Interesting to see how the established partnerships have been mixed around.   

• Like 8

14 hours ago, bridiem said:

I hope that by next April the Covid situation will have changed considerably and we will no longer have to think in these terms.

We've all been saying this since March/April 2020, but here we are looking at 2022 and we're still catching it and having to cancel or not go due to COVID.

It's likely it'll still be somewhat of a factor.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

I don’t understand the logic of just one performance. Of course, there are a limited number of slots but this seems curmudgeonly to me…

• Like 9

1 hour ago, emmarose said:

Some really great pairings in the Ashton triple and I think Moreno will be perfect in the role, shame to see only one show though.

It'll be interesting to see Bracewell pair up with Natalia too.

I think you mean Morera…although Moreno has been on the radar recently for her 90th birthday and her appearance in the new West Side Story.  😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jamesrhblack said:

I don’t understand the logic of just one performance. Of course, there are a limited number of slots but this seems curmudgeonly to me…

Seems a shame all round. The audience only get one go, and she's put in all that work for just the one show.

• Like 1

Disappointing Morera has only one performance as by the time public booking comes around don’t think there will be many seats available. 
Also Saturday is the most difficult day to stay over in London for me (week days or sat matinees are always better) but if can get a ticket early enough might be possible. 

Otherwise it’s the Tuesday April 26th performance Id most like to see ( as well) There is that Monday 12.30 performance but am suspicious of that as could be a schools or Welcome performance I’m guessing. 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sim said:

Amazing that she is even known to autocorrect!!  :)  Deservedly so....what a lady!

Well, I have been talking about West Side Story lately elsewhere, so it may be that.

But she deserves to be an auto write in. I know, absolute legend, still going strong too. I watched her in a show on Netflix, she's still dancing!

Edited by emmarose
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Otherwise it’s the Tuesday April 26th performance Id most like to see ( as well) There is that Monday 12.30 performance but am suspicious of that as could be a schools or Welcome performance I’m guessing. 

Wouldn't it say if it was a Schools/Welcome performance? It's the Bank Holiday Monday, so I think/hope that's why there's a matinée that day.

• Like 2

They’re unlikely  to put a Schools Matinee on a bank holiday- teachers won’t be able to take pupils outside school hours, much less a bank holiday. 

Rather astounded that Morera and Bonelli only get one show as that is the cast that many fans who have seen two of the other pairings are most likely to go for. Also, 7 shows seems a bit stingy considering there have been mixed bills with more performances. Another voice of disappointment here that James Hay is not among the Rhapsody leads, as I couldn’t attend his shows last time due to clashing dates.

But the main thing is that at least we’re getting an all Ashton bill and one that includes Scenes de ballet at long last, and generous numbers of Friday/weekend/Bank holiday dates for those of us who are not minted or the leisure class! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Each has two filming dates (and the Ashton general rehearsal had been marked as filming but isn't now, and the Ashton is two different casts) perhaps there may be streams as well. 🤞 

14 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

The only disappointment is Hay not being cast in Rhapsody, especially as I missed him last time.

Me too. I was hoping their performance would have been filmed as he was terrific with Hayward last time.

Have I got it right they are filming 2 different casts? I don't understand this as I thought the idea of filming twice was to do a bit if a mix and match if something went wrong with a performance. Do we know which cast is being streamed? I would love to see Vadim in Month in the Country filmed but also Hayward and Sambe in Rhapsody. I can see my entire annual ballet budget going on this one production as its the train and hotel costs as well as the tickets as I've got to see Morera as well. 

• Like 3