Alina Cojocaru news

Sadler’s website now says 2 hours and 5 minutes, including one 25 minute interval.  Implying a ballet of 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Hmm. I see the problem!

The poster says 1 hour 45 minutes including an interval.

Edited by FionaM
Errors
  • Like 2

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

oh to be in two places at once!

Alina is the surprise star at the Daniele Cipriani marathon of Les ÉTOILES galas (4 shows) in Rome this weekend.  

She is performing the white pdd from Marguerite & Armand … and Liam

Scarlett’s No man’s Land at today’s gala 17.3.2024.  Both with Isaac Hernandez

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Very lucky Rome audiences- I've seen Alina Cojocaru dance both pas de deux (on different dates) and she is lovely in both. She danced No Man's Land with Johan Kobborg and Marguerite and Armand with Francesco Gabriele Frola- both performances were brilliant.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this….

BRB regrets to announce that due to unforeseen personal circumstances, Alina Cojocaru will not be performing with the Company at Sadler’s Wells theatre on 25th & 27th April as previously announced. Updated casting for our Sadler’s Wells shows is available on our website.

Were these all the performances she was scheduled to dance with BRB? Great shame & I do hope all is well with Alina. 

And do hope she is still planning to dance with London City Ballet in September….

Anyone here know more? 

• Thanks 2

I was devastated to get the news from BRB. Thankfully she has been replaced by an exceptionally good Lise, Yu Kurihara  with Lachlan Monaghan.

Here's hoping Alina is ok.

I posted in the other thread too but so devastated by this. I saw SB many times last season at RB and was hoping to take a break from it (it is a long evening!) and had only booked to see Alina, who I consider the greatest (or at least my favourite) current Aurora. And I had splurged for good seats! 

I hope all is well. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hamburg Ballet announces that the casting for Neumeier’s The Glass Menagerie will feature Alina in the role of Laura Wingfield which she originated in December 2019.

Performances are 28,29,30 May 2024, in Hamburg.

3 former dancers of Hamburg Ballet return as guests to reprise the roles they originated Patricia Friza (mother Amanda  Wingfield), David Rodriguez (unicorn), Marc Jubete (Malvolio).   These last two dancers were also the Angel figures in Alina’s ballet La Strada. 

There are further performances of this ballet on 12 July as part of the Hamburg Ballet Days Festival, and then again on 11,12,13 October 2024 on tour in Baden-Baden.  The ballet is not scheduled beyond that, so it may be reasonable to assume the same cast repeats.  (There has never been an alternative cast.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/06/2024 at 12:01, iolanthe said:

Alina Cojocaru will perform in La Strada in Parma (Teatro Reggio di Parma) on 8th of February 2025

La Strada will be performed also in Bonn on the 14th and 15th of February.

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Alina Cojocaru is dancing some galas in America (Mexico and Chile I think) this Summer. She will dance Neumeier's Midsummer Night's Dream pdd and Kameliendame black pdd with Alessandro Frola in a surprising but very interstellar (I was writing interesting but the autocorrector had it right 😁) brand new partnership. Alessandro (23 and hugely talented) , as many know, is the youngest brother of Gabriele Frola of ENB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 20/06/2024 at 11:01, iolanthe said:

Alina Cojocaru will perform in La Strada in Parma (Teatro Reggio di Parma) on 8th of February 2025

I sadly didn’t get to see La Strada in UK. I feel it will be far better received (& somehow

viewed too in Italy - home to Comedia dell’arte theatre genre!) Yet another ticket for my fantasy ballet trip list! 

On 20/06/2024 at 08:33, Aruna S said:

Alina Cojocaru will be Hippolyta/Titania in Neumeier's Dream at the Nervi Festival in July. I'm really looking forward to seeing this!

Has this now been? Please signpost me to any reviews - thank you! 

12 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

Has this now been? Please signpost me to any reviews - thank you! 

Yes, they danced on Fri 19/7 and Sat 20/7. Might be too soon for reviews on Sunday, but are some lovely photos on the social media pages of Hamburg Ballett.  Reviews will probably be out (might mostly be in Italian though) later this week. 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Peanut68 said:

I sadly didn’t get to see La Strada in UK. I feel it will be far better received (& somehow

viewed too in Italy - home to Comedia dell’arte theatre genre!) Yet another ticket for my fantasy ballet trip list! 

Oh poor Peanut68! You missed a fantastic show and prices were very affordable too. They offered a generous number of performances so it wasn't at all difficult to find a convenient day and a choice of seats at great prices.

The entire company were brilliant, but Cojocaru and Kobborg were out of this world- Kobborg giving one of the best performances of the decade in my opinion. The audience at the show I attended loved it- I don't think they wanted to stop clapping!  You didn't need to know Italian cinema (it was based on Fellini's film) nor even have seen the movie to follow what was going on. The sets were outstanding. If Alina and Johan brought it back next year with the same cast, I would go again, and bring more friends. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 22/07/2024 at 12:53, Emeralds said:

Oh poor Peanut68! You missed a fantastic show and prices were very affordable too. They offered a generous number of performances so it wasn't at all difficult to find a convenient day and a choice of seats at great prices.

The entire company were brilliant, but Cojocaru and Kobborg were out of this world- Kobborg giving one of the best performances of the decade in my opinion. The audience at the show I attended loved it- I don't think they wanted to stop clapping!  You didn't need to know Italian cinema (it was based on Fellini's film) nor even have seen the movie to follow what was going on. The sets were outstanding. If Alina and Johan brought it back next year with the same cast, I would go again, and bring more friends. 

Do you know if any alterations in choreogeraphy were made? 

A clip of Alina rehearsing the final duet from Akram Khan’s Giselle with Isaac Hernandez, to be performed in Mexico at Isaac’s Despertares gala in August. 

Isaac notes it’s the first time any duet from this ballet has been given permission to be performed in a gala.  

I also remember that this ballet was booked to tour to Mexico with ENB in 2020, but of course Covid cancelled that.  I wonder if this duet is a precursor to a tour 🤔 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C92FY_VpR4D/?igsh=MW9ycjk1cDgydGY3Zw==

• Thanks 3

20 hours ago, JaneHartley said:

Sorry, @JaneHartley, I was actually describing the Sadler's Wells performances in January this year- apologies if that confused you. I don't travel abroad for ballet nowadays (unfortunately). 

• Like 1

On 24/07/2024 at 20:32, JaneHartley said:

There haven’t (yet) been any other performances of Alina’s production of La Strada since the original run at Sadler’s Wells.  Some dates have been announced for 2025.  

I don’t know whether there will be changes to the choreography.  The team had a particular vision for this show and the choreography reflected that.  

A clip released a few weeks ago
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9xv7e9IvlP/?igsh=azhoc2F1MTZ1NWVw

• 4 weeks later...

News from Japan that Alina (trained in Kyiv) and Alexandr Trusch (born in Ukraine) will guest with the National Ballet Theatre of Ukraine whilst on tour in Japan.  

I believe they perform in the opening gala on 4 January, and Giselle on 5 January 2025 in Tokyo

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-J4nifB9VG/?igsh=azlrYWFrdGh0dG4w

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-4vkjhPbrL/?igsh=MW4ycHVndHl1NzVrNQ==

@Naomi M please could you confirm as sadly the translation tools aren’t working too well for me 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, FionaM said:

News from Japan that Alina (trained in Kyiv) and Alexandr Trusch (born in Ukraine) will guest with the National Ballet Theatre of Ukraine whilst on tour in Japan.  

I believe they perform in the opening gala on 4 January, and Giselle on 5 January 2025 in Tokyo

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-J4nifB9VG/?igsh=azlrYWFrdGh0dG4w

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-4vkjhPbrL/?igsh=MW4ycHVndHl1NzVrNQ==

@Naomi M please could you confirm as sadly the translation tools aren’t working too well for me 

Fiona, you are right.

Here is the official site of the National Ballet of Ukraine Japan tour with Cojocaru and Trush.

(Gala on the 4th and Giselle on the 5th) 

https://www.koransha.com/ballet/ukraine_ballet/

By the way, I interviewed Alina last year and the article is on the promoter's website. (in Japanese) She talked about her experience at the Ballet Academy in Kyiv and her teachers, as well as her thoughts to the people there. 

https://www.koransha.com/contents/4855/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1