Els66

Hi, can anyone offer advice about options for obtaining funding /part funding towards fees/accomodation ) for full time ballet school vocational training in London. Information about applying for student loans also. Thanks.

Hi. I’m assuming this is for someone who is aged 16 +? It depends if the course is a degree course or a level 6 diploma. If it’s a degree you apply for student loans for fees and towards living costs to student finance of the country you live in. The living cost loan is higher due to living in London. If it’s a diploma course then you can get help with this through a DADA. Have only experience of degree course so not sure about the application process of a DADA other than knowing that they are awarded by the schools to the most talented applicants.

Hello Els66 and welcome to the Forum!

There are lots of threads about various forms of funding.  I've added some tags at the top of your post.  If you click on them previous threads will come up.

Is there a particular school you are aiming for?

ENBS is a school with funded places under the DaDA scheme. I can’t see any information on the ENBS site about DaDA but if you search Dance and Drama Awards there is plenty of information on the government website. 

8 hours ago, Jane said:

ENBS is a school with funded places under the DaDA scheme. I can’t see any information on the ENBS site about DaDA but if you search Dance and Drama Awards there is plenty of information on the government website. 

ENBS like so many other schools bury their fees and funding deep within their website 

“Our ethos is to ensure talented young dancers from all over the world to train with us .......... To this end we offer financial assistance in the form of a DaDa” 

As we all know a DaDa is only available to pupils from the UK/EU countries. After Brexit I’m not too sure of the latter. If a pupil falls outside a DaDa residential criteria (ie Channel Islands & Isle of Man) there is no bursary or scholarships available offered by ENBS. 
Fees are £18,500pa 2019/2020

Maintenance was last quoted at £11k pa back in 2017/2018. 

Edited by balletbean

9 hours ago, Els66 said:

Hi Jan, It's English National Ballet School.

I've added a couple more tags.  There are lots of previous discussions about accommodation for ENBS students but I'm sure people will be able to give up to date information too.