ROH Friends Rehearsals

Something seems to have changed with booking Friends rehearsals at the ROH in the latest booking period.

I am sure that previously, as a basic "Friend", it was only possible to book tickets in the amphi.  But for the rehearsal of the Within the Golden Hour triple bill, it was possible to book anywhere in the house.  The ticket price structure had changed as well. It used to be that there were just two ticket prices in the amphi,  which last year for ballet were (I think) £4 and £19.  Now in the amphi the tickets were in three rice bands, with the top price now £24. 

So yet another price rise then. I'm not sure if the availability of tickets in other parts of the house is just an abberation for this bill, or might apply more generally to ballet rehearsals.  Has there been some announcement on this that I've missed ? 

The price rise came last year or the year before.

There has always (within my memory) been a chance of getting tickets in any area but the Stalls.  It's just that by the time the higher-level Friends have booked, often the Amphitheatre is all that remains.

4 minutes ago, RuthE said:

The price rise came last year or the year before.

There has always (within my memory) been a chance of getting tickets in any area but the Stalls.  It's just that by the time the higher-level Friends have booked, often the Amphitheatre is all that remains.

Agreed (and note that for some opera rehearsals there's only amphi left even when I go to book as a premium 2 friend)!

2 hours ago, RuthE said:

Yes, a large proportion of the seats throughout the house are held back by the house for all sorts of people.  But it's only the Stalls that isn't publically available at all for rehearsals.

You mean Orchestra Stalls presumably Ruth;  I know  you can get Stalls Circle seats from time to time. 

Yes, Orchestra Stalls, which are primarily occupied by production team and press cameras (which make the rear centre Orchestra Stalls restricted view), with the back and sides filled up with house comps.

The only times I have had Stalls seats at dress rehearsals is when for one reason or another I've been given one by a company member.

(I know I can get Stalls Circle seats for rehearsals as I was in one yesterday! :))

• Like 1