Royal Ballet tour, Madrid 2018

3 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I’m loving all the photos and clips posted by the dancers while they’re over there. Claire Calvert has posted a bit of footage from a performance too🙂

Feel free to post a link or two, please :)

20 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Claire Calvert has posted a bit of footage from a performance too🙂

Thanks for highlighing this - just gorgeous and reminds me of what I saw a journalist described as the "lush texture" of CC's dancing.

2 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Was anyone from the Forum in Madrid last night? How was it received? Am very envious of all those there tonight to see the pairing (nearly) everyone over here wanted to see and were denied.

The casting i would love to have seen was Yasmine and Matthew - and they dance tonight (and boy, do I wish I was there!!).

Any reports will be welcome!

• Like 4

To conclude on this, I've returned home now after the most amazing experience in Madrid. It was my first RB tour and I think I hadn't quite realised the enormity of the entire project of transporting EVERYTHING and everybody to another country and then reproducing the production to an exceptional standard. A project management nightmare and there were certainly some challenges behind the scenes. But, they really pulled it off.  

I loved the experience. Seeing the performances unfold, one by one, seeing the exceptional dancing, and having the opportunity the meet and talk to the dancers in depth on several occasions.  For the RB supporters in Madrid, the tour also included visits to famous Madrid landmarks such as the Royal Palace, Prado, Escorial - all organised to the highest standard. Some of the dancers accompanied us on the tour of the Palace.

Yes, you pay for all this, but even so. I also made some new friends, and it was lovely to be able to exchange opinions "in the moment" and also chat about ballet during meals and excursions.

A very memorable experience and I'm suffering such withdrawal symptoms.  Still, I do have the most wonderful memories to look back on now. 

• Like 12